Choose People Who Choose You

Choose People Who Choose You

Find people who lift you up and never let them go.

13405
Choose People Who Choose You
The Huffington Post

Choose people who choose you. It sounds pretty straightforward, almost obvious, but if we really take a moment to step back and evaluate the people we choose to give our time to, we might be surprised that they aren’t exactly enriching our lives as friends are there to do. Have you ever heard the phrase you are the combination of the five people in your life you spend the most time with? Have you ever noticed you pick up certain habits, phrases or words that your closest friends often say? Depending on the situation, it can be a wonderful thing or it can be pretty detrimental. Sometimes I feel like I forget that I choose who I want to spend my time with, it doesn’t just happen. It’s a choice, whether I’m conscious or not, that I have the ability to make every day. Take a look at your life for a moment. Who do you feel the most authentic version of yourself around? Who can you let your guard down within an instant of seeing their face or hearing their voice? Who pushes you to be your best, happiest and care-free you? That’s your tribe. Find them and never let them go.

Your vibe attracts your tribe. Your vibe, or your emotional state, is easily felt by those around you whether or not you’re aware of it. The Law of Vibration states that everything in the world vibrates. Nothing is ever at rest. Even though it could seem that people around us are separate from us, that is simply not the case. We are intertwined with every human being’s energy on this planet. Not only do people, animals, trees, tables and food have vibrational energy, but our thoughts and feelings do. If you surround yourself with positive people with positive thoughts, feelings and vibrations, that energy is contagious. On the contrary, if you surround yourself with people who resentful, jealous and negative, that energy is contagious, as well. Choose wisely.

Friends, relationships, family, teachers, Starbucks baristas, hair stylists, distant relatives–you get where I’m going with this. Choose people who choose you. It doesn’t matter if they’re blood-related or if they hand you your morning coffee every day, each person you give your energy to greatly impacts your life, whether you realize it or not. The small moments, compliments, encouragements and smiles add up. Don’t chase people who don’t want to be chased. I’m not saying to disown your family or drop a class because your professor doesn’t believe in you, I’m just suggesting you place your energy in places that make you happy. Be kind to every person you come in contact with, but don’t invest in people who don’t invest in you. It’s essential to be picky with the people you trust and give your heart to. Always keep in mind challenging people or situations are often put in front of us for a reason. Every friendship has its ups and downs, ebbs and flows, but once you come to the realization that a relationship isn’t serving you anymore, understand it’s essential to let that relationship go. Choose people who choose you, and watch your world flourish.