Childhood Crushes That Are Here To Stay

Childhood Crushes That Are Here To Stay

Some childhood memories just stick with you forever

125
Childhood Crushes That Are Here To Stay
thearabmode.com

Since we're all grown up, it's hard to remember all of our childhood memories. Especially ones as simple as a boy we thought was so cute on the TV screen, those days have probably slipped our minds. Though looking back, there are a few that will always remain in our hearts as our favorite childhood crushes.

1. Casper from "Casper the Friendly Ghost"

Befriending a ghost is not on many people's bucket lists, even if the ghost claims to be friendly! Casper has fallen in love with Kat, the girl who has come to live in his house. Throughout the movie, you'll always find Casper adorable but there is one point in time where you fall in love with him. At her Halloween party, Kat plays hostess until she sees a really cute boy come down the stairs who asks her to dance. When she and the boy start dancing in the air, Casper makes himself known and finally gets his kiss.

2. Benny Rodriquez from "The Sandlot"

Benny is the one who began our obsession with baseball boys. His passion for the sport surpasses anything else. While the other boys play it for fun, Benny plays it to live. He becomes your favorite whenever he's the one to stick up for Smalls in the beginning before he's accepted into the team. Whether you like sports movies or not, "The Sandlot" is a classic, easily quotable, and a must-see at least once in your lifetime.

3. Austin Ames from "A Cinderella Story"

Having an evil stepmother and two wicked stepsisters can ruin your plans for the night that you finally get to meet your Prince Charming, but Sam manages to somehow overcome it. We were all jealous of her dance under the decorated gazebo with the cute guy, the pretty dress and mask, and the awesome wingman by her side. Though it does take Austin to make the final move in the relationship, he turns out to be the dashing prince that everyone dreams of at some point.

4. Uncle Jesse from "Full House"

It's hard not to swoon every time John Stamos comes onto the screen for "Full House". I think he was most of our "older man crush" when we were younger but that doesn't make him any less than the rest of them. The way he took care of the girls was the first step in winning us over. His relationship with Rebecca was great and the wedding episode was my personal favorite. I wanted to cry when I heard him say this to her. And weren't Mary-Kate and Ashley lucky, their first kisses were John Stamos.

5. Peter Pan from "Peter Pan"

The shaggy blonde hair and light eyes made us instantly fall in love with the lost boy, whisking us away to Neverland. Wishing we could be Wendy for at least a little while so we could go on a date to see the fairies and dance in the air. The way he looks at her is so sweet. Don't you wish someone would look at you like that? She's the one thing that would make him want to grow up and that makes this innocent romance so much more real. When they finally get the kiss right, it's one of the best parts of the movie, and you can't help but smile. However, it's sad knowing that it would all come to an end.

6. Troy Bolton from "High School Musical"

Troy and Gabriella were the ultimate couple goals even when we were only eight-twelve years old. From the first to the third movie, I don't know if any boy could live up to Troy Bolton. He ditched his prom, decided to switch colleges for her, and showed everyone in the school how much he truly cared for her. You're lying if you say you didn't cry during their breakup scene in "High School Musical 2" when she returned the "T" necklace. Troy was the best boyfriend in all of our childhood movies. Remember everyone,"Once a wildcat, always a wildcat".

That completes the list of all of our childhood crushes. Hopefully, this brought back some memories and feelings of nostalgia. If you really feel like it, take a break from what you're doing and watch your favorite!