10 Cheap Bucket List Ideas For College Students

"Free is my favorite word, fun is my favorite activity." - Me

287
Lauren Miller

I've always been a firm believer in the fact that life is just too short! Due to the fact that our time on earth is finite, we must remember to never waste a second.

I'm not afraid to say I am a dreamer, and a dedicated one at that. I don't think there is anything more important than fulfilling a promise to yourself. Don't let your dreams and aspirations scare you. "Always do what you are afraid to do" (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

Embrace change. For the closest one can come to perfection, is measured in the amount of change they welcome into their lives. Remember, "Nothing is IMPOSSIBLE, the word itself says I'M POSSIBLE" (Audrey Hepburn). Life is an adventure. Follow your dreams, and you will surprise yourself.

While I am a dreamer, I also double as a college student. And, just as any stereotypical college student, I am on a strict budget. BUT, I refuse to let that stop my dreaming.

With that in mind, I have crafted a list of a 10 super cheap bucket list ideas. So go crazy folks!

1. Learn to juggle.

I mean, how cool would it be to have this hidden talent? All it takes is some dedication and a few YouTube tutorials.

2. Donate your hair to a cancer patient.

Not only do you get a stylish new do, but also the majority of hair salons will allow you to get a free cut if you are donating your hair. You won't just be leaving with a brand new style, but you will also be gifting someone else with one too. And, if you want to be super crazy you could even have your friend cut it off for you.

3. Make balloon dart art.

Just like in "The Princess Diaries"! All you have to do is find a nice plain wall that needs some jazzing up, sturdy latex balloons, paint colors of your choice, a funnel to pour paint into the balloons, strong tacks to pin the balloons to the wall, ponchos, and most importantly, DARTS. Have at it and let the creativity POP!

4. Learn how to use chopsticks.

The Chinese food will never win again. You will.

5. Go hot air ballooning.

OK, this one's not necessarily free, or super cheap, but there's Groupons with breakfast and champagne toasts!

Also, a fun fact: George Washington was there to witness the introduction of hot air balloons in North America in 1783. So for the sake of our first president and a good view, why not hot air balloon?

6. Conquer one of your fears.

Afraid of singing in public? Go to a karaoke bar. Running makes you want to cry? Complete a half marathon. Afraid of spiders? Hold a tarantula. "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself," so conquer your fears and show them who's boss.

7. Audition for a game show.

My dream would be Family Feud. Just imagine the fun and amount of money you could win! So worth the shot.

8. Make a time capsule.

Gather some friends and family and pool together your favorite items and memories. Write yourselves letters. Write down gas prices, milk prices, and everything else you can look back on and say, "kids, in my day this only cost this much." Bury that sucker in the ground and put a time stamp on it.

9. Solve a Rubik's Cube.

I don't mean rearranging the stickers, but actually twisting and turning that thing until your hair falls out from frustration.

10. Crash a wedding.

This requires great slyness. All you have to do is just act like one of those distant relatives and everyone won't say anything because they'll feel bad for forgetting about you. If you fail, at least there will hopefully be a killer DJ and an open bar.

Whatever your bucket list journey may be, just remember one word: accountability. When we make goals for ourselves and ask other people to hold us accountable, we are 42 percent more likely to actually accomplish them. Telling your friends might also encourage them to live a little too! So what more do you need than friends and dirt cheap adventures? That's right, NOTHING. So start living.