Charmed And The Lost Boys Updates

Charmed And The Lost Boys Updates

"One thing about living in Santa Carla I never could stomach; all the damn vampires." -Grandpa (The Lost Boys).

36
Charmed And The Lost Boys Updates
The CW, Wikimedia Commons, and Alex Winter

Video from: Entertainment Tonight

Back in January, we found out the CW was rebooting the “Charmed” franchise. On February 3rd, the CW has given us an update on the “Charmed” reboot. According to The Hollywood Reporter, ”Charmed” will roll out next development cycle, in other words, next season. The “Charmed” draft, written by Jessica O’Toole and Amy Rardin, was not up to par, and Jennie Snyder Urman did not have the time to commit to the reboot for this season. The Hollywood Reporter went on to say that the new “Charmed” series is more of a tie in with the original series. “The reboot will be connected to the original series in some fashion, though it's not entirely clear at this point how that will come to pass.” (Goldberg, 2017). If it is a tie in, the sisters will be children and not adults. This can leave an opening for the adult versions to make guest appearances by traveling back in time to 1976, or those in 1976 use magic/powers to see/go to the future. Will Shannen Doherty, Holly Marie Combs, Alyssa Milano and Rose McGowan sign on to do so? Is this something the “Charmed” universe can handle? Who would you like to see cast in the younger parts of the grandmother, mother, father, white lighter (Paige’s father) and the sisters?

Video from: Daniela Pistone

Before writing for Odyssey I wrote an article on another CW series heading our way. I was 14 years old when this movie came to my town. I had to have my parents write a note, call the movie theater, and when I got to the theater, they called my parents to confirm. Why? The movie is rated R. The movie is my generation’s “Twilight.” How can anyone resist Dwayne, Marko, Paul and David? There is something about them “Lost Boys.” Back in November, the CW announced that they are bringing the “Lost Boys” to the small screen. Now, the series has been pushed back for next season, along with "Charmed." The way this series will work out is over 7 decades. Each decade will have the same vampires but the people and settings will change. The first decade is in San Francisco during the “Summer of Love,” 1967. Rob Thomas from “iZombie” and “Veronica Mars” is behind “The Lost Boys” series. I am wondering if Cory Feldman (Edgar Frog) will have any ties to the series, either behind the scenes or in front of the camera (or both)? I am also wondering if “The Lost Boys” will be the same boys (of course, different actors playing the parts), or a whole new crop of vampires? Will any of the original cast make appearances? Who do you think would make great “Lost Boys” for the series?