What I Wish I Could Tell The World

What I Wish I Could Tell The World

Be The Change

3
What I Wish I Could Tell The World
Fund Hope, Inc

I just don't understand.

As an American, I want everyone to be treated as equals. I don't believe in discrimination. I don't believe in racism. I believe that we are all humans, we all bleed the same, therefore everyone needs to be treated with the same amount of respect. So why doesn't everyone feel that way? Why isn't it as easy for everyone else as it seems to be for me? That's what's wrong with the world.

1863, no more slavery. 1920, women are allowed to vote via the 19th Amendment. 1964, the Civil Rights Act. 2015, same-sex marriage. All actions to end discrimination. November 9, 2016. . . it all started over again.

"If you voted for Trump, you are a racist & homophobic." wrong.

"You voted for Clinton because you are a female." wrong.

As I get on social media, I am disgusted. You are the issue, my friend, if you are making accusations such as the ones above. Why wake up in the morning and start seeing people as who they voted for, rather than how you have always seen them previous to this election? Some of the most inspirational people I know voted Trump as well as voting for Clinton. But they are still the same inspirational people as they were before the election.

As Americans, why are we choosing hate over love? Though someone may not be happy with the results of the election, that's life and life happens. This doesn't mean to riot, this doesn't mean to create more discriminatory actions, and this doesn't mean to point fingers.

In this generation, we live in a world with so much hate and negativity- you are just adding to it. Rather than posting on social media with your rude, negative comments about your nominee not winning and about those who may have voted for Trump, spread positivity in this world. In the end, that's what's needed.

The results of the election will not change, but your outlook on life can. We complain about racism and discrimination. . . so be the one to change it. Change it by taking one step forward in life rather than three steps back.

You want to see a change in the world? Be the change. Because after all. . .

As Americans, United We Stand.