Change

Change

“Oh the things you won’t find if you stay behind.” –Dr. Seuss

17
Change
ryanpolly.com

Change is definitely something I have a hard time with. Usually. Now there are times where I feel like there needs to be a change. For example, rearranging my room. I can handle that kind of change simply because it is wanted. Or even a change that will benefit the majority of people I encounter. Such as, a change of heart or a change of policy.

Change that is not wanted takes a little longer for my brain to adjust and process the new information.I cannot tell you how many times I yell at my phone these words: “Snapchat, stop updating! I liked you the way you were!” I understand that updates are needed, desired, and beneficial, however, I am an “if it ain’t broke, don’t try to fix it” kind of person.

As humans, we get into our daily routines and get adjusted to life, and then out of nowhere, BOOM, something happens and causes a change in our lives. It could be the loss of a job, moving to a new town, or even family moving into your house for a while. Most of the time change is unwanted. Change can bring fear and nervousness into our lives… if we let it.

You see this is the key: There is a sense of hidden beauty behind a change. Maybe a new opportunity is headed your way. Maybe a change now will prevent you from a difficult season later. We can become so wrapped up in our earthly surroundings and daily routines, we can miss the wonder that change brings.

Yes, change can be hard. No doubt about it. It was not my idea to move to a different town and then to another town, but it has brought my family and me to the place we are now. I do not want loved ones to leave because I do not want to have to adjust to the “new normal”. Change is not going to get easier as time goes on. Snapchat will still need to update. Apple will still send out software updates, when though we procrastinate updating. We may have to move towns for better opportunities. We may have to adjust, as a family, to a new normal.

But guess what, I have good news! Life. Goes. On.

It may sound cliché to say, what you go through only makes you stronger. Whoever said that is so true! We learn and we grow through change. Whether we learn to take more responsibilities or we learn to trust in a higher power that is greater than ourselves, we grow.

Change is needed. Just like Dr. Seuss said, “Oh the things you won’t find if you stay behind.” If you do not walk through that new door, what could you miss out on? I know that if I hadn’t have updated Snapchat I would not have access to those awesome filters! I mean, who does not like to screenshot their friends using the famous filters?

So if you are struggling with change, please know that you are in good company! Look for the beauty and opportunity within this change. Remember, life goes on.