The Selection Sunday Format Doesn't End Well For Fans, Change It NCAA

Is the new format better than the old one?

28
Wikipedia

Why did CBS and Turner sports change the way that they reveal the teams that make it into March Madness?

After many successful years of going region by region to show who was in and who was out, they changed to an alphabetical format. Yes, you saw that right. They first off showed the teams that got automatic bids from winning the conference championship. After, people were complaining all over social media about the new alphabetical way of showing the teams that got an at-large bid. A lot of people were saying "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

I honestly didn't get to see it live how they did it, but just after looking into it and seeing how they handled it, I didn't enjoy the new format. The intense factor of being a team on the bubble waiting to see your college's name on the screen placed against someone else is what March Madness is all about. It's what makes this time of year so enjoyable to the public. They have been successful with the format that they have had for many years, so why now change it? The answer is not in my hands, but CBS needs to explain themselves. Because the way to get people excited for something that they look forward to every year, is to make that show come out positively and not negatively.

Another thing that people were complaining about was how long it took for the committee to reveal the at-large bids that made it into the tournament. The people, including me, don't want something that takes three hours to unveil what 68 teams made it. They want short, quick, and to the point so that they can start analyzing what teams they think have the best shot at winning the tournament. And if I were apart of CBS I would see the fact that people didn't like it and go back to where they got to be and why at the start.

If they want to make it so that people want to continue watching and be intrigued with what they are watching, then they have to go back to what made them successful in the first place.