The Event For All Techies Is CES 2019, Here's how it went.

Here are some new trends in tech to look out for in the next coming years.

33

CES 2019: The tech event of the year.

CES, the Consumer Electronics Show, is finally upon us again. And if you are someone who is interested in what the future of phones, televisions, cars, and basically anything technology, then CES is the place for you.

With more than 4,000 companies displaying their new products, it is very unlikely that you will find nothing that interests you at CES. Approximately 182,000 people are expected to be in attendance this year. This consists of people from all over the world, each with a fascination for technology.

How much does it cost to get in?

CES takes place in Las Vegas, and as we all know, Vegas isn't cheap. Along with a flight to Las Vegas, the cheapest tickets cost $300. But an experience like this is well worth the price of admission for a tech lover.

With the $300 ticket, one gets access to the showroom floor, where the showcased items are available to see and try out. More than a thousand speakers will be showcasing their tech, convincing audiences as to why one should purchase or invest in their products.

What was there?

Some of the trends we can expect to see this year are 8k foldable televisions, self-driving cars, and voice-controlled smart home devices from Google and Amazon.

Trends coming to CES seem to be in the battle for the living room. Alexa has popularized these types of devices in the last few years, but Google is eyeing up the new market space. There will be a lot of Google home and Amazon Alexa type products.

Self-driving Cars

Driverless cars are becoming increasingly automatized as the years go by. This year, Mercedes Benz has a standing-room-only city car that fits up to 12 people. Other car companies, like Telsa, will also show off their auto drive features.

Foldable TVs and Phones

A new step in the evolution of technology: screens can now be foldable. Samsung patented the foldable tech a few years ago. It will be interesting to see what new innovations will come out of this new ability.

5G internet speeds

The next generation of the Internet will be on the forefront this year. Boasting much faster internet speed capabilities, 5G would allow for companies to reach new limits in internet offerings. Streaming services will be able to stream much higher resolutions with the internet upgrade. Cloud computing and cloud gaming would see a surge in capabilities as well.