3 Safe Ways to Spend Your Spooky And Socially Distant Saturday This Halloween

Halloween is definitely going to be a little different this year.

13
people dressed up as ghosts

Covid-19 is definitely making Halloween a little scarier this year. This night is known for partying among college students and trick-or-treating among children, but we may not be able to do those things this year. Though we may not be able to celebrate traditionally, there are definitely a few fun ways to spend this spooky night while remaining safe and Covid-free.

1. Have a scary movie marathon.

You can't go wrong with inviting a couple of friends over and putting on scary movies. There are more scary movies than you can count on different streaming services, making it super easy to find a good movie for everyone. For those that aren't really into scary movies, there are a ton of Halloween classics, such as the "Halloweentown" series and my personal favorite - "Hocus Pocus."

2. Carve a pumpkin (or five).

Pumpkin carving is something that has to be done for Halloween. This may be an activity that many people typically do before Halloween, but this year may be the time to change things up. It may be best to save the pumpkin carving for Halloween to give yourself and maybe a few friends something to do. Not only is this activity safe, but it also allows you to have some decorations outside for the remainder of fall.

3. Have a self-care night.

One of my friends brought this up to me, and I just knew that I had to include it, even though it is more of a non-traditional option. For those who aren't really into celebrating Halloween or don't celebrate Halloween at all, this is the perfect opportunity to take time for yourself and relax. While friends are out celebrating, you can curl up and put on your favorite movie, do a face mask, or just do anything you would consider self care. Personally, I enjoy nights to myself, so I may be going with this option this year.