The Best 5 Ways To Celebrate Easter At College

The Best 5 Ways To Celebrate Easter At College If You're Stuck On Campus

How to stay in the Easter spirit when you are far away from home!

4

With college comes holidays alone . . . here are ways to help make it fun!

1. Treat Yourself to some Easter Candy 

If you're missing your annual Easter candy run down to CVS the day of Easter and get all of the discounted Easter candy. Trust me it will be 100% worth it when you're sitting in your dorm and chopping on some Cadbury eggs in your dorm reminiscing on the Easters that you had growing up.

2. Go out to eat with your best friends!

In Syracuse, especially Armory Square, there are a bunch of wicked good restaurants to go to with your best friends for Easter dinner. When you are unable to be with your family it is the next best thing to be surrounded by friends and great food.

3. If you don’t feel like going off campus, dine in!

Sometimes going out for food is just not within the budget when you have to pay for an Uber ride to get there and back. So the next best thing is to Grub Hub some food to your dorm! My 2 suggestions would have to be Bleu Monkey or Cheesecake Factory, you and your friends can sit around your dorm room floor and have a feast.

4. Get your friends Easter baskets! 

My friends and I thought that it would be a really cute idea to do a secret Santa like gift swap except for Easter, so I guess you could call it an Easter Bunny Swap. It is a good way to show your friends that you appreciate them by grabbing them a little gift that you know will brighten their day, and it makes school feel a little more like home.

5. Tell your parents to send you an Easter care package

My mom is a blessing so when she came to visit me the weekend before Easter she brought me a little Easter care package that I was so grateful for. I don't think there is anything wrong with asking your family for a little care package when you are missing them a little extra during the holiday season.