How To Celebrate Your 21st Birthday At Mohegan Sun

Six tips that will ensure that you and your friends have the best night of your lives.

1965
saint-bernard.com

Deciding what you should do to celebrate your 21st birthday can be stressful. Do you go the bar your friends have been raving about but you haven't been able to get into? Do you try a new place and hope it lives up to the expected success of a 21st birthday celebration? Or do you throw a mini party with all your friends -- 21 or not -- just so you have a chance to celebrate with everyone?

I decided to celebrate my birthday at a place I have always wanted to go but could never really experience until I turned 21-- Mohegan Sun Resort and Casino. This past weekend, I celebrated that birthday with the company of 11 of my closest girl friends.

Here are some tips that we learned that could help you celebrate your 21st birthday at Mohegan Sun:

1. Don't overpay for a hotel room.

When planning a night at Mohegan, do not assume that you have to stay at the hotel within the casino. If the deals on rooms at Mohegan are worth it, definitely get the room; but it would probably be more cost effective to look elsewhere. I would suggest looking into the Microtel that is located about 1.5-miles from the casino. My friends and I had a great experience at this hotel. We booked two adjoining rooms that were clean, spacious, and did not break the bank. The Microtel also runs a shuttle to and from the casino every 20 minutes until 2 a.m.!

2. Pregame - but not too much.

Drinks at the club can be anywhere from $10-14 with a tip. You are going want to have a drink or two while getting ready in the hotel, but make sure you don't overdo it -- especially if you are the birthday girl that your friends or new friends at the club are more inclined to buy drinks for.

3. Look into VIP prices.

My friends and I decided to go to Avalon at Mohegan. Beforehand, I requested info about possibly getting a VIP table at the club. The table comes with six seats, a bottle of Titos, Captain, or Jack and a bottle Champagne. We decided against the table because it was definitely out of our price range, but did not feel like we were missing out! The tables are basically right next to the dance floor, and we were getting invited into the VIP sections by the people who had already purchased them! My suggestion would be to make friends rather than pay for it yourself.

4. Gamble a little -- but know when to stop.

I was very excited to go to Mohegan and try my luck at the blackjack table for the first time. After spending some time in Avalon, I knew it was time to leave the dance floor and start placing my bets. At one point I was even up almost $100! Needless to say I left the blackjack table with only $5 in my pocket. Gambling can be fun, but don't get carried away.

Perk: If you are gambling, a cocktail waitress will come around and ask you if you want anything to drink. These drinks are free. You should still tip the waitress, but other than that enjoy the free booze!

5. Make sure to redeem the perks of turning 21 at Mohegan Sun!

Mohegan has a special package for people who decide to spend their 21st birthday at the casino. When you go to the Player's Club on the casino floor, sign up for your Momentum card and receive $15 in free slot play, a free 21st birthday shot glass and exclusive nightlife offers! An added bonus to the night overall.

6. Make memories that will last you a lifetime.

I feel so lucky to have spent my birthday with my group of friends. Looking back, my decision to spend my birthday night at a casino was definitely the right choice. Make the most out of the time you all have together, and definitely take as many pictures as you can! Live it up, and happy birthday!