NBA Finals: Cavaliers vs Warriors (Again)

Is it bad for the NBA that we're seeing the same finals for four straight years?

70

The NBA Finals are set, and deja vu is kicking in. The finals matchup will be the same for the fourth year in a row, the Cleveland Cavaliers against the Golden State Warriors. These two teams have had some great battles in the past few years, but this year won’t be one of them.

Golden State just came off of an incredible Western Conference final beating the Houston Rockets in seven games. At times in the series, some believed that this could finally be the year we see a different finals matchup, think again. With Chris Paul out of games six and seven with a hamstring injury, the Warriors had a scare but still advanced.

The Cleveland Cavaliers also went seven games with their Eastern Conference final against the Boston Celtics. Boston played incredibly at home and with game seven in Boston, it didn’t look like the Cavs would have what it took to beat the Celtics, but they did have something, Lebron James.

Lebron went off and ended just one assist away from a triple-double putting up 35 points, 15 rebounds, and 9 assists. After an impressive series, the Cavs now have a tremendous uphill battle ahead of them against the Golden State Warriors.

But does anyone really want to see this series again? If you’re a casual fan you’ve seen this for three straight years, if you’re a Warriors fan you’re probably bored of beating the same team year after year, and if you’re a Cavs fan, you know you aren’t beating Golden State so why watch you’re team get destroyed by Kevin Durant and Steph Curry for another year so why care?

This year in the playoffs, Lebron James has truly showed how great he is. Taking a roster full of not the most “preferable” players to his eighth straight NBA Finals appearance.

But The Warriors are just going to be too dominant and the Cavs might be without Kevin Love, meaning it’s not going to be a long series.

My prediction is the Warriors in five games because they just have too much talent, possibly one of the best teams in the history of the NBA.

Hopefully next season when Lebron goes to Houston (or LA, Philly, or stays in Cleveland) we’ll find a new matchup around this time that doesn’t feature Golden State and the Cavs again, but hopefully it still features the GOAT, Lebron James.