7 Reasons My Cat Has Helped My Mental Health More Than Anyone Else Ever Has

Love from pets just hits different.

5
Emmie Pombo

Tito, my almost 4-year-old fuzzy black lump of love, has served as my therapist, snuggle buddy, source of laughter, and so much more. It's crazy that sometimes, pets are the only things that can truly cheer you up when your mental health begins to decline.

1. He's there through thick and thin

media0.giphy.com

There's no one else that would be there for you 24/7 whenever you needed them.

2. He listens without giving opinions

media0.giphy.com

Pets can't comprehend what we say, so they're perfect to go to when you just need to vent.

3. He's always down for quality time

media2.giphy.com

Whether it's cooking, exercising, or binge-watching the office for the ninth time (@ myself), they're always there to curl up next to you.

4. He senses when I'm not doing great

media0.giphy.com

Animals have a sense when the people around them are struggling, which makes them the prime go-to for cheering up.

5. He always knows how to make me smile

media3.giphy.com

My cat constantly keeps me laughing whether he's curled up in the sink, somehow perched on the top of my cabinets, or sleeping in a weird position.

6. He gets excited with me no matter what

media2.giphy.com

Pet's tend to match your energy, so if there's something you're excited about, chances are they'll get excited about it, too.

7. He doesn't judge my sometimes unhealthy habits

media1.giphy.com

Don't feel bad about eating ice cream for dinner for the third night in a row... They won't judge.

Whether you have a cat or dog or any other pet that you use as a coping mechanism, you know that their company is simply unmatched.