You Are Capable Of More Than You Think

You Are Capable Of More Than You Think

You can do it. We all can.

83
You Are Capable Of More Than You Think

Those voices in your head are telling you you’re not good enough. They’re telling you that you are incapable of amounting to anything. Hopeless, pathetic and worthless are just a few of the lingering words echoing amongst you. Everything seems as if it is going wrong, as if venom is beneath your skin, unable to ever stop from burning. Your life is full of calamity and trial and pain and suffering and heartache that you wonder if you can go on. You wonder if following your dreams is worth it.

Would it be better to just quit?

You ask yourself this and many questions like it. You think about the world and all of those who are successful. You wonder why you can’t be one of them. You wonder why it has to be so hard for you and why everything is not working out.

Silence it. Silence the lies. Silence the insignificant voices that say these things to you. When you feel like all is lost, when you feel like you cannot go any longer, when you feel as if there is nothing left for you and that you should just give up, keep pressing on.

When slaves were abused, beaten, raped, mocked, and the like, they kept on fighting. They kept on pushing. They knew that their blessing was just around the corner. As stated on The Muse, Oprah Winfrey was sexually abused and became pregnant as a young teen to later lose her child at only 14-years-old. Tyler Perry was also sexually abused and tried to commit suicide. However, it is obvious that there was more in life for them. There is a reason why they still have air in their lungs.

Your past does not define you. Your pain does not define you. Your hurt does not define you. You are capable of so much more than meets the eyes. You are worthy of all that the world has to offer whether you have two parents, one or none.

What defines you is your tenacity, courage and strength. What defines you is your ability to get up, shake off the dust and begin again. What defines you is that despite everything that you have gone through or are still facing, you have the courage to keep pressing on.

I know that this is hard to do. Let’s face it, we live in a world where patience is not fostered. We have fast food, high speed and quick response. We want everything right away when we want it and in a hurry, but life does not work that way.

I believe, within my heart, that God has a purpose for every single person on this planet, and just because you have not found it does not mean it is not there. However, you have to work for it. You have to believe. You have to fight. You have to have faith that no matter what the outcome of your situation is, you will keep pressing on.

You can do it. We all can. Open up the door to prosperity by believing in yourself and never giving up hope.