I Can't Live Without My Mom

Some people are daddy’s girls. Some people are mommy’s girl, and without a doubt in my mind, I am a Mama’s girl.My mom is my favorite person in the entire world. She is the light at the end of tunnel during a rough week. She is my shoulder to cry on when I break down. She is the greatest ray of sun in my life.

My mother is my greatest supporter. I have been in so many different activities since my youth, and she has attended nearly every event that I have had. She was at every soccer, basketball, and softball game. She attended every color guard and marching band competition and concert band concert. She woke up for my early games, and she drove me home at two in the morning for those late night competitions. She’s driven across the river to across several states just to see me perform, and I am so incredibly grateful to have someone who would go through all of that trouble just to support me. I remember a time where she could not attend one of my competitions, and she told me that she cried because she couldn’t be there to support me. Hearing that broke my heart because I knew how much she wanted to be there for me.

I have been dealing with anxiety and depression since my senior year of high school, and I am so grateful to have someone like my mother to support me through these times. I’ve had days where I literally would cry for no reason. I would lock myself in my room with the lights off and the blinds drawn. During those times, life seems bleak and like nothing will ever go right. Nothing will be good enough. I will never be good enough. However, even it feels like everything's going wrong, there is one person who can make everything better, and that is my mom. She will sit there and listen to my rambling and crying. She will wipe my tears and reassure me that everything will be ok. She will hold me in her arms until I pull myself together. She reminds me that I am good enough, even when I am adamant that I will never be good enough.

My mother gave birth to me over twenty years ago, and we have ridden the rollercoaster known as life together. We have had our ups, and we have had our downs. We have had our worlds turned upside down, and through this crazy life, she has never left my side. She has stuck to me like the trains of a coaster, and I know she will never leave my side. One of my biggest fears is what would happen if she were to pass. I do not think I could ever bare that. My biggest supporter would be supporting me from the Kingdom of God. I know she’d be watching over me and sending me all of her love, but it still terrifies me, just the idea of losing her.

My mom is the light of my life. She carries many great gifts and many heavy burdens, and she still supports me. When her life is falling apart, she still makes sure I have what I need. When she is sad, she makes sure that I am happy. I love my mom with all of my heart. I don’t know how else to put it into words. The best thing that I can think of is that I love her to the moon and back.