Busting Out Of Your Comfort Zone:

Busting Out Of Your Comfort Zone:

What if I told you that things could be different?

25
Busting Out Of Your Comfort Zone:

There you are. Stuck in your daily routine, doing the same thing everyday. You wake up groggy, stumble around to get ready for work, drive to your boring job, listen to dull conversation until 5, eat dinner, and repeat. This is your life and your very comfortable with it. It may be dull at times, but you feel good about it because it is safe. What if I told you that things could be different? More exciting? Do you believe me? Well, all you have to do is break out of the comfort zone.

There are numerous ways to do this. First, let's start with taking up a new hobby. This could be anything, maybe there is a new yoga class you wanted to try. Or a knitting class at your local community center. How about taking up gardening if your back yard permits. Hobbies are a surefire way to spice up your life. It may feel a bit uncomfortable when your first starting out, but after awhile you will know exactly what you're doing and you will have a refined sense of self worth and accomplishment knowing you put your mind to it and did it.

Following right along with the "new" theme. Trying new foods is a great way to break free from the comfort zone. This will also introduce you to cultural diversity and will make you appreciate other places. Try that sushi without just saying "No thanks, I don't think I'd like it." How will you ever know if you don't like something if you never try it? If you are eating the same, boring foods everyday you officially are stuck in the comfort zone. And if you argue that eating new, exciting foods is more unhealthy than your current diet of chicken and vegetables then your wrong. There are so many fun, culturally diverse foods that are very healthy. Just do your research.

You could try rearranging a room of your house. Or just your room if you still live with mom and dad. This will give you total freedom to express yourself how you please at that given time. This will push you out of the comfort zone allowing you to be creative. Go with that bright paint color or that wild wall mural. It's all changeable, therefore do what you want with it. Trust me, it's an extremely satisfying feeling changing things around and when it comes out looking great you'll be so happy you did it.

Take a class you normally wouldn't take. We all have those open electives our advisors are constantly making us fill with classes that pertain generally to our major. Well, step out of the box and take an art class or an anthropology class that you would have never dreamed of taking and have a great time learning about new and interesting things. This is a great, big world full of opportunity and endless learning possibilities. Taking new classes in different subjects allows you to broaden your horizons and maybe pick up a new interest. This will open many doors for you. Always remember knowledge is power. Step out of the comfort zone and seize the day.

Do something different daily. This could be as small as taking a different route to work or enjoying your cup of coffee at your favorite coffee alone on your lunch break instead of rushing it back to the office to sit in your cubicle. Just changing things up a bit each day will give you new insight and add a bit of excitement into your life. It helps keep things new and exciting. Humans, by nature, prefer routine, but sometimes it is good to change that up. This will help keep you on your toes for whatever comes your way.

The list could go on and on but just know that stepping out of your comfort will greatly improve your value of life. First off, it'll help you deal with new and unexpected changes better. Secondly, you'll find it easier to push your boundaries in the future. Lastly, you'll find it easier to brainstorm and harness creativity. These benefits will all help shape you as a person. Just remember while exploring the area outside of your comfort zone, that returning to it once and a while is also needed. After all it's your place of comfort and who doesn't need a little comfort in their lives.