An Honest Letter From A Girl Who Didn't Feel Good Enough

All I have to say is, thank you.

13045
Shutterfly

People affect people more than they would care to admit. I mean sometimes, from the right person one simple word can turn your world around. One statement can make your whole life flip a switch. Sometimes from someone you don't care about simple statements don't hurt, but what if the man who claims to love you points out your flaws often and uses them in arguments to hurt you? What if the man you love tells you, you are immature, always a victim, selfish, and can look you in the eye and tell you don't know what love really is? What if one person can make your whole world stop from the realization that yeah. maybe I'm not good enough, and you start believing all these lies. What if the man you've trusted with your happiness is the one really destroying it because now all you seem to think about is "How can I be better?" or "Am I really this awful?" instead of standing up for ourselves and slamming the door of that relationship.

Being in a long relationship blinds you, and being in the wrong one changes you, it changes you slowly and usually you are the last one to realize it, isn't that awesome? You're the last one to realize how unhappy you really are, you are so consumed with the fighting, and crying yourself to sleep because nothing you do is good enough for this person, nothing you say, promise, show them, or do for them is good enough. You could write endless amounts of love letters, or prove you care day in and day out but hey, you say one word wrong, or give a little push back when you think you are being mistreated and all hell breaks lose, that's when it's okay for him to throw out absentees, name calling, telling you that you're a waste of time, and just like that you're back feeling like a big pile of worthless crap because after all this time, that's what he has put into your head.

I am good enough. I am worth more than you have ever gave me credit for, and before you throw another hissy fit, this isn't me creating a story so I can be the "victim" like you always claim, this is me standing up for myself and finally feeling worthy for love again. This is me finally accepting the fact that I am not a waste of time because I have guy friends, or that I'm in college and I like to be with my sisters and go out. This is me finally realizing that you changed me for the worst, and you took away every ounce of my happiness but I was so blindly in love, I ignored all the warnings from my family and friends. I suppose with out you really knowing it, you tore me down. I guess with out you really knowing it, little by little you were taking pieces of me over time, pieces that I can not get back, and hopefully one day I can let go of that pain. But for now, I am good enough.

I am enough, my insecurities and my soft spots aren't baggage, they aren't something to throw back at me in an argument. They aren't a big waste of time. I didn't lie every two seconds, I didn't play endless amount of games like you portrayed, social media wasn't a factor like you blamed, I have come to acknowledge the fact that it was your insecurities that made you feel like I wasn't enough.

You told me, "I hope you never treat another man like you've treated me, because no one deserves that." Well now that I have finally found my voice again, after all this time all I have to say is, I hope you never make another woman feel less then extraordinary, and you make her feel worth something, because once you make a female feel less then enough, she will always struggle thinking any man can love her again.

So thank you, thank you for making me fall so far down, thank you for making me break, it's honestly because of you, that now, I stand so tall.