Bruce Bochy Is Hanging Up The Uniform

Bruce Bochy Is Hanging Up The Uniform

The San Francisco Giants manager is retiring after 25 years.

1309
Bruce Bochy Is Hanging Up The Uniform

Bruce Bochy, a man who has been in the game for a long time has announced that after 25 years of managing, he is set to retire. For the past 13 years, Bochy has managed the San Francisco Giants and has taken them to three World Series: 2010, 2012, and 2014. Bochy came to the Giants after managing the San Diego Padres from 1995-2006 and taking them to NL pennant in 1998.

Out of all managers who have taken a single team to three titles have been inducted to the hall of fame. Bochy answered in an interview saying "that's not even on my mind right now, I've always managed with my gut, I came up here in 2007 with my gut and I'm going to leave here with a gut feeling, it's time."

Bochy started as a player as most managers do. He played a collective 9 seasons in the big leagues as a catcher for the Mets, Astros, and Padres. He is no stranger to the game by any means, he has played for and managed some of the best teams. Over his years as a manager, his win to loss record is in the top 15, sitting at 1,926-1,944.

Bochy announced he is set to retire after the 2019 season, it's something he has put a lot of thought into and discussed with his family. Right now his head is taking it one game at a time and looking for the Giants to have a big year. He's not looking forward to a bucket list or any special vacations, his head is in this last season, and the way the preseason games have started, the odds of him taking another pennant are looking good.