6 Lessons One Tree Hill's Brooke Davis Taught Us and Why She May Have Been The Best OTH Role Model

From booze and sex to class president and CEO? Yeah, she did all of that.

32
Bing Images

One Tree Hill's Brooke Davis is the character development that is so important for all young women to witness. She went from partying and messing with everyone around her, to becoming one of the most successful people on the show. Here are just a few lessons the Clothes Over Bros CEO taught us:

1. Caring is cooler than not caring

Boys, sex, drinking, and partying was her priority in season one, but as the seasons went on, she showed us that caring about other things was really the better route. She decided to care about herself, her friends, and even her school as she worked her way up to Class President by the end of high school. She didn't let what other people thought of her old reputation get in the way of who she wanted to be and that is so important for young girls to learn.

2. You can do anything you set your mind to

What started as designing clothes for a part-time job she had ended up in her running her own company by the end of the series. Anytime somebody told her that she couldn't do something, she not only proved them wrong but proved them wrong and was still nice to them about it. She didn't let former bosses or her mother, even, tell her what she could and couldn't do. Instead, she knew that she could do it and believed in herself, making herself incredibly successful.

3. Stand up for yourself

When her job used her for her clothes and stole her designs, she stole her designs right back. When her mother told her she couldn't open a store in Tree Hill, she did so and it was successful. When she kept getting let down by boys in her life, she decided to follow her dreams and love herself. When she knew she had so much love to give but everyone doubted her being a mother, she took in a baby who needed surgery and nursed her back to health. She always stood up for herself and made sure those doubting her knew that they were doubting the wrong person.

4. You're stronger than you think you are

Brooke had her fair share of heartbreak throughout the series. She dealt with guys treating her badly, friends betraying her, and so many other things that would break someone, but she never let it break her down. She always battled back and proved that she was so much stronger than anyone thought she was.

5. Always lead with your heart

No matter how much it hurt her sometimes, she always wore her heart on her sleeve and did the right thing eventually. She might be upset, made the wrong choice at first, or had been let down, but she always knew in her heart what was right and wrong and always made sure to do the right thing. She showed us that as long as your heart is in the right place, you can't make a wrong decision.

6. Don't apologize for who you are

She could be tough at times but she was one of the few characters that never really lost themselves throughout the series. She always knew who she was, what she wanted, and she never really apologized for that. She taught us that being who you are is your strongest trait and that you shouldn't ever be sorry about being yourself.

All in all, Brooke Davis was a queen. She was the teenager we all needed to watch grow up so that we could all see ourselves in her and look up to her as a role model. Don't forget the six lessons Brooke Davis taught us and why we should all, always be proud of who we are and how far we've come.