11 Brooke Davis Quotes That Never Fail To Inspire

From cheer captain to Clothes Over Bros CEO, here are some words I live by straight from one of OTH's leading ladies

21573
I Am Fions

Let's be honest, for those of us who have made it through all nine seasons of "One Tree Hill," it's hard not to look up to the bold and beautiful Brooke Davis. From her rebellious, carefree days in high school to her admirable transformation into a loving wife and mother, B. Davis has shown so many teenage girls how to exude a confidence and bravery that is often very hard to find in life. From lessons on how to be a good friend, how to believe in yourself and your capabilities, and how to take advantage of all that life can throw your way (both good and bad), here are some of my favorite Brooke Davis quotes that I've taken as words to live by.

1. "Someone once said, 'It's the good girls who keep diaries. The bad girls never have the time.' Me? I just wanna live a life I'm gonna remember, even if I don't write it down."

Often times, we get so caught up in how things may look to others, we end up missing a lot of exciting opportunities or experiences that may not be on our straight path to success. It's important to remember that some of the most memorable moments won't come from those cookie-cutter choices we make — we have to dream bigger!

2. "Somebody please tell me you've got love figured out, because I got news for you; it's pretty darn messy right now. But I guess it has always been that way. Wanting to be loved, to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way ... feel understood. So ... if you're robots, or aliens, or something and you're watching this right now and that feeling no longer exists; well ... you missed it ... and I feel sorry for you. 'Cuz as far as I can tell, that's what it's all about."

Here's an important one. When heartbreak rocks our world, we feel a void or a yearning for what used to be. And yes, it sucks (a lot) to feel this vulnerable, but there's a reason why we put ourselves through it in the first place! No matter how the logistics of relationships may change from generation to generation, that heart-pounding excitement love can bring us is irreplaceable.

3. "There's a day when you realize that you're not just a survivor, you're a warrior. You're tougher than anything (life) throws your way."

A true testament to an amazing friend, Brooke is able to acknowledge just how tough BFF Peyton is. She reminds her that not only has she made it through some tough things, but she has risen above them, a true sign of a warrior.

4. "You think you know me, but you don’t, and that means you don’t know what I can do. You see me as someone who’s popular and has all the answers, but that’s not true. I may not always know what I’m doing, but I’ll try to make things better ... I cant do this alone, and if you'll take the chance on me, we can do great things together. I promise, if you believe in me, I’ll find the courage to reach for your every dream."

Admitting that you don't have all the answers. Not an easy thing to do. But an important step in gaining the respect and the support of your peers.

5. "Don't cry for a guy, let a guy cry for you. Cause girls give and forgive, but guys get and forget."

Its easy to let a relationship dictate your emotions. Even easier to let problems in a relationship make you feel weak. But not for B. Davis. She believes the higher road is to be stronger and realize the best step forward is to put in all you have and forgive when things don't work out the way you wanted them to.

6. "Do you know what my mother said to me when I told her I wanted to start a company? She said your chances are one in a million. And I said maybe I'm that one, and she said you're not. And she was wrong. Because I am one in a million."

When taking on something that seems out of reach, it's hard to think you are capable of reaching it, especially in the face of opposition. Taking that opposition and using it as motivation to prove to yourself that you are capable of reaching your dreams — and possibly even more — can be hard to do, but essential in turning adversity into success.

7. "Sometimes my heart aches at how my life has turned out, in a good way. It doesn't mean there haven't been hardships, there have been, but I'm here and here is good."

The picture speaks for itself.

8. "If you had a friend that you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you love, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever."

Too often we take advantage of the moment, and forget that every minute we have is a blessing. So we have to take those chances to remember why we are so blessed, and express those feelings out loud.

9. "I wished for this right here without even knowing it. I wished for you and our family and this. Ever since New York, I wanted to come home. I just knew in my heart that there was treasure here, and I found it. In our sons. In my parents. In you ... Everyone should have that, a place that makes them happy."

Whether it's your childhood home or the home you make for yourself, we all deserve a place that we feel completely ourselves. A place that can remind us how much we have to be thankful for, and a place that makes us want to be even better people than we are now.

10. "You know when I was a freshman I wasn't a very good person ... And over the last four years I've been forced to grow up. I stopped letting boys define me, and I started believing in myself and in my potential ... and somewhere along the way, the lost little party girl became the girl on the wall of honour. I know what I did was wrong, I know, but the girl I was when I came here, I'm not so sure she would have. And isn't that the point of high school? I mean isn't that what you've been trying to teach us for the last four years?"

High school is overwhelming, and often times a game of keep-up with all that is changing and becoming normal and expected. A lot of times this new normal requires making some decisions we aren't particularly proud of, but looking back, those decisions become essential to learning right from wrong and defining for ourselves the type of people we hope to be someday.

11. "At the end of the day, you are who you are, and it's probably who you've always been."

Amen. And B. Davis, you are definitely a testament to that!