9 Times Brooke Davis Was Everything You Needed And Wanted To Be

The best of B. Davis
185

We watched Brooke Davis throughout the 9 seasons of One Tree Hill evolve from a rebellious and carefree teen to a loving and levelheaded wife & mother. She experienced heartbreak, loss, and love during the most vulnerable years of her life and even though she struggled with finding herself and being content with who she was, we couldn't help but admire her bravery, fearlessness, and confidence. She taught us how to put ourselves first, make the most of any situation, good or bad, and love without regret. She had so much love in her heart for her friends and family. She proved to herself and the world that despite challenges life will throw at you, anything is possible. Her words stuck with me throughout my teen years and brought me comfort during the times I needed them the most. These are some of my favorite moments when B. Davis proved to the world just how real she is.

1. "If you had a friend you knew you'd never see again, what would you say? If you could do one last thing for someone you loved, what would it be? Say it. Do it. Don't wait. Nothing lasts forever." (9.13)

B. Davis taught us to take advantage of every opportunity life gives you. She also reminded us to love wholeheartedly without regret. We often times forget how short life is and find ourselves wishing for a chance to go back to do things differently. Take chances, speak what's in your heart, and don't let life pass you by.

2. "Listen up everybody. It's time to play truth or dare. Or maybe just dare, because nobody tells the truth anymore." (1.07)

Calling it like she sees it. Classic Brooke.

3. "What I wanted? I wanted you to fight for me. I wanted you to say there is no one else that you could ever be with and you'd rather be alone than without me. I wanted the Lucas Scott from the beach that night, telling the world that he's the one for me." (3.05)

When she was incredibly real and vulnerable and told Lucas exactly what he needed to hear.

4. "Please, naked in the backseat is so last year. It's like 2 years ago." (3.05)

Setting trends since '03.

5. "Anorexia is a disease, not a fashion statement." (5.01)

PREACH B. DAVIS!!! This is why she is, and always will be, my style, body, and beauty icon.

6. "I was worried I wouldn't be enough for you. That's why I lied. That's what I'm afraid of. Not being enough. Not good enough, not smart enough, not pretty enough." (4.13)

Despite being Student Body President, captain of the cheer leading squad, and the most popular girl in high school, B. Davis was still full of insecurities, fear, and struggled with feeling inadequate in a world that viewed her so highly. As cliche as it sounds, B. Davis was incredibly relatable in this aspect and we love her for that.

7. THIS. MOMENT. (6.12)

This doesn't need an explanation.

8. "Somebody tell me you've got love figured out, because I've got news for you... it's pretty darn messy right now. But I guess its always been that way. Wanting to be loved... to find somebody that makes your heart ache in a good way. Feel understood. So, if you're robots or aliens or something and you're watching this right now and that feeling no longer exists, well you missed it. And I feel sorry for you, 'cause as far as I can tell that's what it's all about and that's what it always should be about." (2.15)

Quite possibly one of my favorite Brooke Davis quotes. Love is all consuming and whether that love is for a friend, your family, a place, or a moment, we all want to find it, experience it, and hold onto it.

9. "He should be so lucky! I am Brooke Davis!" (5.08)

Need she say more?

Amen B. Davis. Thank you for giving us 9 seasons full of advice, tears, laughter, and memories. We love you.