New York Bridal Fashion Week FW19

New York Bridal Fashion Week FW19

I went to bed at 10:00 p.m. and woke up at 9:00 a.m—on a Thursday. I never get even close to this amount of sleep on the weekdays, so this was definitely an important event that I wanted to sleep for.

269
New York Bridal Fashion Week FW19
Chandler Burke

The reasoning? I woke up on Wednesday morning to take a train to New York City as a backstage dresser for Bridal Fashion week and spent the day relaxing and allowing myself to go to bed early before my first show on Thursday. I woke up on Thursday morning feeling amazing, although I would have appreciated even more sleep—because as a fashion major, I am always tired. I had to arrive at the first show, Phuong My, at 12:30 p.m., so I spent the morning getting ready, snacking, and making sure my outfit looked perfect before I left the hotel.

The show was a twenty-minute walk from my hotel and I arrived very early, so I decided to walk around the area until my friend arrived. Upon her arrival, we both entered the (very beautiful) mansion where the show would be and got settled in. The show was absolutely stunning, just like the venue, and I loved being a part of it.

In what seemed like a blink of an eye I was onto my next show—Mira Zwillinger. The looks in this show were absolutely stunning, and I was very inspired by how effortless their beautiful gowns appeared. This show let out at 6:00 p.m. so I grabbed some Panda Express (how classy) on my venture back to my hotel—where I would then immerse myself in my meal, then the shower, then almost immediately to bed for my show the next morning.

I woke up at 8:00 a.m. on Friday morning in preparation for the Ines Di Santo show, where I would be at 11:30 a.m. After the same morning routine from the day before, I FaceTimed my friends and family and was able to relax a bit as this venue was only a ten-minute walk from my hotel. With my excitement from the day of shows on Thursday, it seemed to take forever to fall asleep, so I could definitely feel it when I woke up in the morning. My solution navigated me to a bottle of water and a PowerBar—and the coffee that I very luckily found at the venue.

The Ines Di Santo show was breathtaking. The subtle mix of street style in their beautiful bridal collection absolutely amazed me. The breathtaking venue had me appalled and I couldn't find one look that I didn't love.

After the show, I walked back to my hotel to gather my belongings, sat down for some avocado toast at Bluestone Lane, and was suddenly on my way back to Syracuse. It was the perfect trip to the city, and although it was very quick, these few days were filled with such positive energy as a backstage dresser for these amazing designers.