Breaking The Fall Slump

Breaking The Fall Slump

It's the final countdown!
7

Endless food and sleep! None of us were truly in a hurry to head back to school when all our dreams were coming true right in front of us over break. Most of us either spent Thanksgiving break eating until we bloated, vacationing somewhere warm, or enjoying family time.

Trying to find the strength to get back into the school routine can be challenging. I know we'd rather just eat endless sweet potatoes and turkey; however, we're almost to the finish line! The next few weeks are going to fly by with school work as we head out for our winter breaks.

Here are five helpful tips for heading back to school and getting into the swing of things.

1. Eat A Doughnut

Yeah, you know you want to. It's not like you were able to gain fifteen pounds in one day over Thanksgiving break so one more treat can't hurt. Let yourself have a day to eat badly when coming back to school. We've all had that day where we just ate our feelings away.

2. Go For A Run

After snacking on mounds of goodies and possibly heaving drinking, it's time to get back on track. Go running or play with a few dogs on Landis. Anything productive and outside will help on jump starting that motivation for the few weeks left!

3.Work Hard

A few projects, some homework, and finals. You can do it! Only a few weeks left of buckling down to receive the grades we all need for our majors. So drink that triple shot of espresso and get to work. It's your future job on the line, you can get through these final weeks.

4. Reward Yourself

Splurge a little. If you've been eyeing a top at the mall, go buy it. If you prefer just going out for a night and not worrying about finals, take that route. Give yourself a slice of credit after working your behind off for what feels like an eternity as a student.

5. Enjoy Time Off

We're all busy between school and working to save money for the upcoming holidays, but don't forget to enjoy the time you have. It's supposed to be some of the best years of our lives, and while the next few weeks are killer, it also means we're a step closer to graduating. You'll have one more semester until another year is finished. While we all can't wait to be done with school, it's bittersweet leaving one of the greatest college towns in history!

Enjoy these weeks, work hard, and get ready for that break we've all been dying for!