If Your BF Breaks Up With You Because Another Girl Is Bored, She Ain't The Problem

If you think your man would do that, break up with your boyfriend, he's a dick.

1439

So, Ariana Grande dropped a bop-filled album last week and, uh, people are pissed.

The song is filled with banger after banger, concluding with the apparently rage-inducing song "break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored."

Ariana Grande - break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored YouTube

The song doesn't really go much deeper than that. There have been interpretations that the song is really about Ariana breaking out of relationships so she can date herself, or her pushing the dude to dump his girlfriend so she can date the girl.

But, of course, at its surface level, the song is about convincing a guy to break up with his girlfriend because you're bored and you want to sleep with him. People are really not happy about it:

"More like 'break up with your girlfriend because I'm a whore.' If that's the kind of attitude you have, stay away from me and my boyfriend because you're just a homewrecker. Sorry, not sorry." — Megan Crabb
"I thought Ariana Grande was a real one, but her song 'Breakup With Your Girlfriend, I'm Bored' is NOT the move and if you feel this energy then stay the fuck away from me." — @brandalintipton
"yaa break up with ur girlfriend, I'm bored by Ariana is good and all but if I catch any of you bitches with that energy around my man, you're getting your shit rocked xo" — bitchqueeenXo
"If you convince my boyfriend to break up with me because you're bored, I may just snap your neck... because I'm bored." — Sara Ursum

Here's the thing: If your boyfriend dumps you because some other girl is bored, he's probably not really worth keeping around? Let's just think about that for a few seconds, OK? If your boyfriend would genuinely END YOUR RELATIONSHIP (not cheat on you — per Ariana's direction, she doesn't want unfaithfulness) to sleep with some girl because she's bored, is she REALLY the problem? She's not a homewrecker if he's single, and your beloved dumped you to "hit it" so honestly, I think she may have done you a favor.

If your boyfriend cheats on your and the ~other woman~ knows that you exist, sure, they're both grade-A assholes. But if your boyfriend leaves you for another woman who politely requested for him to end things BEFORE they get together, then I hate to say it but your boyfriend is the lone grade-A asshole.

The bottom line is, if you feel threatened by this song and think girls feeling this "energy" will be detrimental to your relationship, then your relationship is probably pretty bad. Unless your boyfriend is a tool, another woman's sexual boredom isn't going to be a reason for him to leave you. And if another woman's sexual boredom IS a reason for him to leave you, then he's a tool and you dodged a bullet.

So basically, if this song makes you worried your boyfriend is going to leave you, then break up with your boyfriend, he sucks.