To The Girl Who Hurt Him Before
Dating

To The Girl Who Previously Hurt My Boyfriend, Your Privilege Is Baffling

I wasn't looking for him and I'm sure he wasn't looking for me. But we found each other and I'm not letting go.

1666
https://www.maxpixel.net/Mountain-Hiking-Drakensberg-South-Africa-Couple-1682176

To the girl he used to love,

What did you do to him?

You thought you deserved better, but actually, he did. You didn't deserve him at all.

I've thought about it for hours, baffled that another girl had the privilege of this amazing guy's love.

Then you hurt him, cheated on him, took advantage of him, and caused him to build a wall. Because of that, he won't let any girl get that close to him again. How dare you.

I bet you don't quite understand that you stole his future to be happy with another girl. He puts on a front and seems tough but you're still in the back of his mind. I can see right through him. He claims he's "not a nice guy" to keep girls from wanting to be with him. That's part of the wall he has built to keep me from getting too close to him (or more importantly, to keep himself from getting too close to me). Why would he risk being hurt by another girl after what you did?

I've laid awake at night thinking about this: Him and you.

I'm curious as to what it feels like to be loved by him. That's a feeling only you would know and you ruined it. I wonder how he acts around someone he loves and how he looks at them. I wonder if it's similar to how he acts with me. I want to know what it feels like to look into his eyes and know that he loves me or what it's like to have him be excited to see me.

I know I should probably hate you for hurting him and taking him to some dark places in his life, but I don't.

I actually want to thank you for hurting him so that I can show him how he should be treated. Without you, he would never have learned such a valuable life lesson. I'm glad he learned it the hard way. You made him so much stronger than before. Thank you for walking out of his life and opening the door for someone else... (Me.) Thank you for giving me the chance to love him and show him how love should really feel. Thank you for failing him and not being everything that he needed.

You threw a diamond away for a rock.

This man is one of the sweetest that I've ever met and it's such a privilege to be in his life. Someone like him only comes around once in a lifetime–that's why I'm so glad that you didn't see in him what I do. That's why I'm so glad that you let him go–so that he could be a part of my life. He never fails to make me happy and treats me how I should be treated. At first, it was a hard thing for him to do. He tried to push me away because he didn't want to hurt me, but I didn't give up on him. Even on the days that were extremely tough, I stuck by him because I see amazing potential in him. That's something you didn't see. I built him up so he could love again because that's all he wanted.

Now he knows that I'm content with where I am and that I'm not going to leave him.

It was hard to break him of you, but it was completely worth the wait. It took months and a lot of effort, but the way I feel about him and the way he feels about me is hard to find. I'm not trying to replace you or make him forget about you, but just know that my plan is to treat him better than you did. I've come to terms that he's loved before me and that there's nothing I can do about that.

I have also loved before, and believe it or not, I've been hurt… just like you hurt him. That's why we are so perfect for each other. I know that seeing us together might make you jealous, but you're the one who left.

Hear me out: We both were extremely heartbroken and we somehow found each other.

I believe it's to help each other recover. He's so incredibly handsome. He completely understands me and I understand him. When we first met, I didn't know how it was even possible that he wasn't in a relationship, but now I know. We both were hurt–extremely hurt–and I think that's what will make our love stronger. We're both building ourselves up together. We had a brief discussion about our pasts. Honestly, I feel bad for you. You let something this amazing go... And for what? You'll realize the mistake you made but it'll be too late.

You gave up the best thing that could ever happen to you and I thank you.

Because now, he's the best thing to ever happen to me. I will try my best not to cause him any pain, for it hurts me to see him upset. I will do all of the things that you failed to do as his partner. I will be there for him when he feels alone. I will prioritize him so he doesn't just feel like an option or the last resort. I will give him time and affection, even when he feels like he doesn't need it or deserve it. I will take care of the man that you failed to appreciate. I will care for the man that was taken for granted. I will support all of his hopes and dreams–even the crazy ones. I will love him for all that he is and for everything he inspires to be. I won't let him lose his friends–I want him to have a guys' night out.

I will go on random adventures with him when he feels like driving.

I won't expect him to spend money on me and take me to fancy dinners–I'm happy just to be with him. Even in the hardest of times, I won't give up on him as you did. I will help him grow and see the light that was burned out for so long. I won't push him to be someone else. I will only help him be true to who he really is.

I will love him for all of his flaws because, to me, they aren't imperfections.

I will not judge him for his past because it made him into the man he is today. I will see him for what he truly is and I will help him see himself the way I do. He will never feel the pain you caused him again.

I will be the woman he needs. I will give him happiness and a life full of laughter. I will make sure he has a smile on his face every day because damn, is it a handsome smile. I will never doubt him. I will respect him and trust him, just as he respects and trusts me.

I will be the person that he can vent to and tell all of his problems. I will thank him for caring for me and being the man I've always dreamed of. I will not only be his partner but his best friend.

I can never thank you enough. I'm glad that I'm not like you.

I'm so glad that I know how to show love to someone that deserves it. And that's the difference between me and you. I have fought for him and I will continue to fight for him because that's what you do for the people you care about. I'm not going to try to change him and I'm not going to try to make him love me because frankly, that's impossible. What I will do is to continue to be here for him when he needs me.

I will continue to show him that girls can be loyal and that he has a purpose.

I will show him that he has the ability to make another girl happy and to keep her around. I know you're thinking that he just doesn't like me and that I look desperate. I'm here to tell you that you're wrong. I know for a fact that he likes me and enjoys being around me. When I first met him, things were so good. I honestly thought we were going to have this really great relationship, but then something happened. Something went off in his brain that told him to back down; Otherwise, he might get hurt again. It was kind of like a survival instinct and it's nothing that he can help.

The girl that is finally able to win him over after what you've done is going to be extremely lucky. The truth is that it probably won't be me and that's OK. I just want him to be happy because that's what good girls want for the ones they love.

Sincerely,

The girl who loves him now.