My Boyfriend Will Respect My Priorities: Family And Faith

My Boyfriend Will Know That He Comes After Faith And Family, And He Will Respect My Priorities

Dear future boyfriend...

254
Laken Pritchard

I'm really not that complicated.

If you take the time to really get to know me, there's a short list of things that are greatly important to me; my faith, my family, school, my friends, and my pets.

In that particular order.

If you've read any of my other content, you'd find out that I've grown up in a Christian home, going to church in our best dresses on Sundays. Throughout middle school and high school, Sunday's became "Horse Show Days," and going to church was put on the back burner. However, as I've gotten older, I've come to realize just how important going to church is as well as how important it is to get closer to God. My faith is my entire identity and shapes everything that I do. I make sure that I go to church every Sunday morning, I do my devotions at night, I pray to God on a daily basis about everything under the sun, and I'm never afraid to show how proud I am to be a Christian.

And whoever I end up being with will value their relationship with God, just like I do.

My family is my backbone. My parents are God's greatest gifts to me. My sister is my best friend. My brother-in-law is the brother I've always wanted. My aunts and uncles are my second sets of parents, and my cousins are practically my siblings. Any of these people come before absolutely everything. I'd miss my biggest exam, the interview for the job of a lifetime, miss the opportunity to meet the UNC Basketball team (this is important for later) if they needed me. Each one of my family members has shown me exactly what love is and that's never going to change. "A boyfriend is temporary," they'll say, "family is for life."

And whoever I end up being with will make it one of their priorities to get close with my family and want to be a part of it.

A few more things that you'll need to know: my dog is the love of my life (sorry, not sorry), my friends are absolutely irreplaceable (you, on the contrary, can be), and school is going to get me somewhere in life (I don't ever intend on being a housewife, I'll be working and just might be making more than you).

My priorities are set and they won't ever change. My faith and my family are the two most important things in my life, given they have both shaped who I am as a person and are the biggest part of my identity. Now, that isn't to say that you can't be added onto the list of priorities... you'll get a nice and cozy spot right behind my pets.

The man I will end up with will recognize my priorities and respect them from the get-go. After that, it's all smooth sailing... as long as you root for the Tar Heels.