My Boyfriend Is My Best Friend: Deal With It

He can have multiple titles and those both are his and that is something that won't change.

25
Amela Nesimovic

I will get straight to the point and say it. My boyfriend is my best friend and there is nothing that can change the way I feel about it. Just because I am in a relationship with him does not mean that he cannot also be my best friend. He can have multiple titles and those both are his and that is something that won't change.

I do see my friends and I do spend time with them and it does not make them any less important to me however, that does not put them above my boyfriend. Constantly, as a younger girl we are told that we should not waste so much time and effort into boys and that we should enjoy the company of our friends. I have had multiple friendships that have been nothing but torture to me and others that have survived but nothing like the bond that I have with my boyfriend.

He is the one that I tell everything to from the weird thoughts in my head to how my day was. When something significant happens he is always the first to congratulate, console or help me and for that I will be forever grateful. I spend almost all of my time off with him because he is the one that makes me the happiest and I feel the most comfortable around him. If I am the happiest with him then why would I want to be without him? He was the one that was there for me whenever I needed someone and he was the one to always cheer me up when I needed it.

He does this because we see each other as companions in this crazy thing called life. We are in it together and although we both do our own such as school and work we know we will have time aside for each other.

Your boyfriend can be your best friend and can also love you unconditionally which will make getting through life easier when there is two to battle it through.