Bomb.Com Barista Creations

Bomb.Com Barista Creations

Coffee-less creations by baristas, for newer customers.

32
Bomb.Com Barista Creations
Barista Justin

Summer brings a craving for ice cream to cool off from the over-bearing summer heat. With school being out and parents trying to spend more time with their children, a wave of new-Starbucks users looking to try something new. The majority of them are not coffee drinkers and because, “Starbucks is only a coffee shop and I don’t drink coffee” decide not to order anything. However, a combination of meeting both needs of a cool, refreshing drink that has coffee-less flavors that can satisfy both parents and children is known as the Frappuccino. Here are a few Frappuccino’s that are not on the standard menu that myself and other partners have created and/or perfected, especially for the summer months.

The Neapolitan Ice Cream Frappuccino

This is one of the most complicated drinks, but also serves one of the sweetest rewards. Order this as a strawberries and cream Frappuccino made with vanilla sweet cream instead of whole milk, and blend in two scoops of strawberry inclusions. Ask the barista to layer your Frappuccino with pumps of milk chocolate at the bottom of the cup (2 for a tall, 3 for a grande, 4 for a venti), next about an inch of whip cream on top, finally add the strawberry puree to the top. This drink is sure to bring back child hood memories of the neighborhood ice cream truck!

The Oreo/Cookies and Cream Frappuccino

This one is the simplest to order by far! Order a double chocolaty-chip Frappuccino, but sub white mocha for mocha. If you and chocolate have an intimate relationship, ask for extra mocha drizzle inside the cup and on top of the whip cream! Whether you are an Oreo dunker, or a divide and conqueror, ordering this drink will definitely have the cookie crumbling in your favor!

The Snickerdoodle Frappuccino

Do you miss the Christmas and Holiday season and all of its delicious treat? Then this will be your Christmas in July present. Order a Crème based Frappuccino, with cinnamon dolce syrup, soy milk, extra caramel drizzle inside and out, extra cinnamon dolce topping inside and out, and whip cream on top. If this beverage is to sweet or you need an extra caffeine boost, try this affagato style. (Affagato style translates to putting a shot of espresso on top of the Frappuccino to blend with the beverage as it sinks to the bottom of the drink.) This one is so good Santa may just make a summer time visit!

As summer continues to get hotter, I encourage you to go to your local Starbucks, order one of these beverages and have a discussion with one of the baristas. Ask them their political opinions. Question where they are at in life. Be adventurous and ask If they’ve created any drinks that they’ve wanted to showcase or suggest for you. I challenge you to interact with your baristas, because believe it or not, they want to get to know you, too!