13 Bollywood Songs To Jam Out To For Every Mood

"Kabhi Kushi Kabhi Gham" isn't just a movie, it's a whole range of moods.

10923
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/Bolywood_dancing.jpg

Bollywood isn't like Hollywood. It's more eclectic than that. Indian movies include song and dance in every single one of them. If you want to be an actor/actress in Bollywood, you have to know how to dance and lip sync because most of the time, the voices you hear that are singing, are just that, singers. Not the actors themselves, save for a few occasions where actors decided to give singing their best shot.

Anyways, what better way is there to deal with your every mood than to sit down and watching/listening to some awesome songs from iconic movies?

For when you're feeling cheerful, listen to Kajra Re.

Watching Aishwarya dance with her husband and father in law to a poppin' song is the perfect way to boost your already cheerful mood. Bust out your favorite "Indian uncle that got too drunk at a party" moves, RIGHT THIS MOMENT!

For when you have a crush on someone that you can't get out of your head.

Shahid and Kareena were iconic, and though it didn't end up working out, this little musical number from Jab We Met is enough to make your little heart flutter thinking about that one person you can't get out of your head.

For when you just want to dance, listen to Kala Chashma.

A more recent dance song to break it down to is Kala Chashma. Tell me, do your moves keep up with Sidarth and Katrina?

For those times when you want to dance on a train, listen to Chaiyya Chaiyya.

You best believe that when I wrote "dancing on a train" you immediately thought of Shah Rukh in this song...cause, me too sis.

For when you feel like dancing in the rain, listen to Koi Ladki Hai.

Let's be real, "dancing in the rain" also brought up thoughts of Shah Rukh, except in Dil Toh Pagal Hai instead of Dil Se.

For when you're feeling sexy, listen to Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai.

Please hold while I fan myself after listening to this song...

For when you are falling in love, listen to Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga.

First and foremost, shout out to the Bollywood industry for making a movie about a lesbian girl dreaming about falling in love but struggling to reveal that it's with a girl rather than a boy to her family. This song is beyond romantic and it explains beautifully what it's like falling in love.

For when you want to revel in the fact that you're in love, listen to Jashne Bahara.

The songs in Jodhaa Akbar were beyond words; however, Jashne Bahara is a beautiful testament to how much you can love someone, even when things aren't perfect, it shows just how beautiful being in love can still be.

For when you feel like you love someone even when it's not requited, listen to Ae Dil Hai Mushkil.

Ae Dil Hai Mushkil literally translates to "The Heart is difficult" which can perfectly explain how it feels to fall for someone even when they aren't right for you.

For when you're going through a break up, listen to Kabira.

When you're going through a break up, when it's still raw and hard and you want to cry your eyes out, Kabira is the way to go.

For when you want to cry, for whatever reason, listen to Kal Ho Na Ho.

The idea of Shah Rukh Khan dying is enough to bring anyone to tears, especially while listening to this song and watching him as his character contemplates what life would be like if he wasn't tied down to his fatal illness. I'm crying while writing this.

For when you miss your family, listen to Gallan Goodiyan.

This movie and this song is a testament to what it means to love your family, despite the flaws of the ones around you, at the end of the day it's all about how much you love each other.

This is more than a mood- it's a whole damn experience...it's The Medley.

The movie Mujse Dosti Karoge = subpar

The Medley = ICONIC

This is 12 minutes of pure gold.

I hope this article helps you live your best Bollywood lives for every mood there is, meri dost.