11 Body Positivity Stores With Amazing Black Friday Sales

11 Body-Positive Stores With Amazing Black Friday Sales

Before you shop, make sure you're supporting companies that support you.

555

Nothing brings out the worst in people like Black Friday shopping. Elbows are thrown, coffee is chugged, and children sit crying in their strollers at 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving night. It's the real life Hunger Games — may the sales be ever in your favor. All this to say, we still participate in the mayhem, for the sake of a killer deal.

We've been seeing Black Friday ads for weeks now, broadcasting who has what deals and when those deals are going down. While it can be easy to become overwhelmed with discounts, Black Friday is the day company ethics are often buried under the wallet-saving price. It's clear that millennials and Gen Z care about supporting brands that line up with what they believe (Victoria's Secret just canceled their yearly fashion show due to backlash), but hey, a sale is a sale...right?

Wrong. With an election year quickly approaching, we all know the importance of a vote. The first and foremost way to vote? With your wallet. That being said, there are plenty of body-positive stores that are bringing their best to Black Friday this year, so you can score big while continuing to support what's important to you!

1. American Eagle 

American Eagle has made moves the last few years in regard to body positivity. Carrying a wide variety of sizes and fits, AE has a pair of jeans (and a sweater, and dresses, and accessories) for everyone. They are currently offering 40 percent off everything, in-store and online, so Black Friday shopping can start early!

2. Aerie 

American Eagle is the gift that keeps on giving. Their loungewear brand, Aerie, is having the same 40 percent off deal, adding 10 for $35 undies to the shopping cart.

3. ASOS

ASOS, the British online retailer, joined the body positivity movement a while ago. They do not airbrush their models and strive to showcase different body types in each piece of clothing they sell. This has gained high praise from shoppers. This Black Friday, you can get up to 70 percent off through their site.

4. Fabletics 

Fabletics, most commonly known for its subscription nature and beginning deal of "2 for $24 leggings," took its body positivity mission up a notch in 2017, when they extended their sizing to meet the athleisure needs of more women. The company has continued to provide positivity, with partners such as Demi Lovato joining their ranks.

Last year, Fabletics offered 50 percent off site-wide, so you're sure to score some stellar athleisure wear.

5. Old Navy 

After moving plus-size options to online-only, Old Navy is back to representing every shopper in their stores! This means everyone can join the crowds of shoppers this year to get their favorite looks. While Old Navy does have deals all week leading up to Black Friday, they are offering 50 percent off EVERYTHING from November 27th to November 29. Oh, and you can get $1 "cozy socks." So yes, Old Navy is worth adding to the list of Black Friday destinations.

6. Dressbarn

In 2016, Dressbarn launched its "More Than A Name" campaign, fronted by body positivity icon Ashley Graham. The campaign was intended to highlight women who had been marginalized for one thing or another, and the company has continued to support these demographics ever since. Last year on Black Friday, Dressbarn offered 50 percent off site-wide, so get ready to update your wardrobe with some professional pieces!

7. Modcloth

Since its establishment as an online retailer in 2002, Modcloth has sought to represent its real-life customers in their advertising and in the products they offer. They also don't skimp on the Black Friday bargains. Each day leading up to Black Friday, we're seeing new products in their "24-hour deal" category, with prices cut as much as 55 percent. You also get 20 percent off everything, 30 percent off orders of $100 or more, and 40 percent off orders of $200 or more.

8. Dear Kate

Dear Kate first came to the attention of body positive individuals everywhere when they responded to Victoria's Secret's "Perfect Body" campaign in 2014. The period panty retailer is taking a once-taboo subject and recognizing that women everywhere need a little help during their time of the month. On Black Friday, you can order period panties of your own, receiving a higher percentage off when you order more panties.

9. Dove 

Dove has been a household name in body positivity since their #RealBeauty pledge to use women who represent their customers in their branding. They've continued to spread the positivity in campaigns like the Self Esteem Project.

You can find discounted Dove products at your local CVS, Walgreens, or Target. Many products are marked at least 25 percent off.

10. Target 

If there's one store that knows how to do Black Friday, it's Target. Target has also continued to make moves for body positive actions over the years, so you can snag all the sales guilt-free. We're talking discounts on winter jackets, sweatshirts, jeans, pajamas, accessories...pretty much everything your closet needs and then some.

11. Lively

Last, but not least, Lively has brought body positivity to women's underwear and loungewear since the day they opened in 2016. Offering sizes, shapes, and specific fits that the bra stores of our mothers' day would've never imagined, this company is bringing their A-game to serve the masses. They're not limiting their seasonal sales to just Black Friday, you can get a deal of the day just by checking their website! Today is free "Hustle socks," so don't waste another second!