Next Valentine's Day, Be Your Own Valentine

Spoil and love yo-self.

24
Parks and Recreation

Valentine's Day is primarily known as two different holidays: it's either a day to celebrate love with your partner (a.k.a. your Valentine) or Single Awareness Day. Isn't it about time we add a third reason to celebrate Valentine's Day: a day to treat and celebrate you? I think so!

Valentine's Day has become a major consumer holiday. Flowers, teddy bears, chocolate, and cards are expected. Love is in the air. There is a huge desire to be gifted with extravagant gifts, and an even bigger desire to show off these gifts. And when you don't have a Valentine spoiling you, you feel unloved and miserable.

It may be too late to treat yourself for Valentine's Day, this year, but it's not too late to start planning for 2017. So what if you're not in a relationship? That does not mean you can't be spoiled. Spoil yourself!

Treat yourself to flowers and sign them from a secret admirer. Better, yet, sign them as yourself. If you're of the legal age, make plans to treat yourself to a glass (or a bottle) of wine. Want a teddy bear? Buy yourself the cutest teddy bear you've ever seen. Go above and beyond to give yourself the best Valentine's Day ever. You're worth it.

Not a big chocolate person? Well, do you like cheesecake? Ice cream? Churros? Brownies? Go treat yourself to whatever it is that you love. If you have something on your mind that you really want, make sure you get it.

Who says you have to wait until 2017 to celebrate your own self-love Valentine's Day? Go to local supermarkets and drug stores, today. The chocolates and stuffed animals will be on sale, and you'll be glad you finally decided to take a day and celebrate yourself.

Valentine's Day is a day to celebrate love. The holiday does not have a set requirement that the love must be shared between a couple. Celebrate your love for yourself next Valentine's Day.