24 Things To Beware Of On The Ides Of March

"Take heed the Ides of March!"
316

The Ides of March is known, according to superstition and Shakespeare, to be a dangerous day. So maybe it would be a good excuse to just stay home and take the day off.

But, if you do decide to go out and brave the world on the Ides of March, here are a few things Dukes should beware of:

1. Oversleeping and missing your first class of the day.

2. Dukes who don't hold doors (#Rude...).

3. The test you've forgotten about until you get to class and your friend says "you ready for the test?"

4. The person who definitely just saw you trip up the ISAT steps.

5. Just one more Starbucks latte that causes you to run out of dining dollars halfway through the semester.

6. The person who steals your JACard and cell phone because you left it on a table at E-Hall while going to get more food.

7. The tour group that awkwardly observes you as you're eating lunch at SSC.

8. The car in front of you that takes the last space in the parking deck.

9. The lovely JMU parking services, who will gladly give you ANOTHER parking ticket.

10. Accidentally walking into the wrong class.

11. Extra long lines at UREC Freshens… and workers who will be annoyed when they mess up your order and you ask them to fix it.

12. The bicyclist or skateboarder who might run over you because they're going too fast.

13. Realizing your laptop is going dead while you're using it... and then also realizing you forgot your charger.

14. The person who gets into a twitter fight with you over why your March Madness bracket is all wrong.

15. That village squirrel that drops an acorn from a tree right as you walk beneath it.

16. Questionable food from D-Hub.

17. Advice from online articles — like this one... just kidding! (maybe)

18. The bus that you miss even though you tried to run in order to catch it.

19. The train that takes 20 minutes to pass, making you late for class.

20. The bus driver who slams on the brakes when you're least expecting it.

21. The person who beats you to the only open table you could find at SSC.

22. The friend who convinces you to watch a movie, even though you have a paper to write and a test to study for.

23. The writer's block that causes writing a 5-page paper to take twice as long as it normally would.

24. Backstabbing friends... just kidding, I'm sure you have better friends than Julius Caesar did.

Good luck out there, Dukes! And remember, "Beware the Ides of March!"