Beware - Midterms Are Coming

Beware - Midterms Are Coming

Sorry to remind you, but here’s how to get through it.

17
Beware - Midterms Are Coming
plants-tea-studying.tumblr.com

One of the most dreaded times of the year is here yet again – midterms. Your motivation is at an all-time low, you’ve just survived the September slump but have just barely stepped foot in the October abomination, and now you have tests in all of your classes during the same week that are vital to the persistence of your grades. It’s basically the finals week you never wanted. In fact, you’re probably procrastinating in some form at this very moment. You’re at the home stretch, though, and you can get through it. Here are some ways to get through midterms, doing well on them and not exploding from stress and anxiety in the process.

1. Manage your time

On top of studying for midterms, you have regular homework as well as clubs and/or sports to deal with. This can pile up easily and quickly, so consider planning out your time in your planner or calendar, making a to-do list, or just organizing it in your mind so you can better manage your time.

2. Get enough sleep

College is the home of the sleepless. Try to go to bed a bit earlier so you will be less of a zombie when you walk to your midterms. Plus, it’ll help your performance on your tests.

3. Coffee, water, and energy drinks for days

No matter your preference, it’s important to stay hydrated to keep your energy level and alertness up. That way, you’ll focus better when studying and, again you won’t be a walking zombie come test time.

4. Find your concentration place

Staying in your dorm or apartment sometimes can be a major distraction; you have your bed in the next/same room that looks so tempting to sleep in, a fridge full of food to eat out of stress or comfort, and your TV or laptop to watch all the Netflix. Whether it’s the library, your local coffee shop, or somewhere outside on your campus, find that one place where you can focus on just school. You can thank me later.

5. Take some time for yourself

At a time full of nothing but stress, you need to take some time for yourself so you aren’t completely overwhelmed. Buy yourself some ice cream, have a spa day, take a nap – you deserve it.

6. Cancel plans if you have to

Speaking of taking time for yourself, sometimes you have to cancel plans so you will have enough time to study. In the end, what’s more important – hanging out with friends or doing well on some of the most important tests of the semester?

7. Focus and take your time

And know that it will all be ok in the end.