Bigger Friend Groups Aren't Always Better in College

Not Having A Lot Of Friends In College Means I Have More Time To Focus On Myself

The "typical college experience" may entail having a huge group of friends you do everything with. This isn't always the case with everyone, and it may not be as terrible as you imagine.

113

First of all, the less time you schedule with other people, the more time you have to study and work on homework. Doing well in school is, after all, what you came to college to do. By the end of the semester, you'll have grades that you're proud of.

On a similar note, not being a part of a large group might mean having to avoid spending time with people you don't particularly care about. It's not a rare thing to have that one person (or maybe multiple people) that you just can't stand but you "have to" put up with their shit because everyone else in the group likes them for some reason you can't figure out. By steering clear of that scene, you avoid that feeling.

All my fellow introverts out there can relate to this, but more time to yourself can mean more time to do things that interest you, and more importantly, time to breathe. If you're like me, if you spend about hours upon hours doing club activities and interacting with people, by the end of the day you need a break. Having your alone time will allow you to catch up on Shane Dawson's conspiracy series, or finish that book you've been dying to get to all day.

Lastly, having a smaller amount of friends allows you to really appreciate fully the ones you do have. Odds are, after graduating, you're only going to be in touch with a few people anyway, so it's okay to focus on the ones that are important to you.