11 Best Date Spots In Washington, DC

11 Valentine's Day Date Spots In Washington, D.C. So Romantic It Should Be Illegal

Valentine's Day, hurry up.

169

The nation's capital has a lot going on. Matters that impact an entire nation are being decided, pantsuits are being worn, debates are being... debated. But amidst the whirlwind of events, there are plenty of motivated individuals ready to find love. This Valentine's Day, take a step back and enjoy a romantic date night in Washington D.C.

Here are 11 of the hottest spots in D.C. to hit up with your Valentine:

1. Go back in time with dinner at 1789 Restaurant

1789 brings exceptional food to the Georgetown neighborhood, ready to prove how special Valentine's Day can be. Swoon over your nice dinner as you swoon over each other, it's the perfect night!

2. Get jazzy at Blues Alley

Jazz brings the romantic vibes to anyone — I don't make the rules, that's just how it goes. Sway along with the saxophone and enjoy an amazing night of live music at Blues Alley, you may just make it your regular spot!

3. Class it up with drinks at The Ritz Carlton

The Ritz Carlton is an institution that never fails to wow its guests. Dress for success, grab a cocktail, and treat yourself to a fancy night out with that special someone.

4. Feel on top of the world at the POV Rooftop Lounge

A skyline of the city you love, with the person you love? An ideal situation. Join the rest of the POV Rooftop on cloud nine, the views are great!

5. Share your true colors at the Watergate Steps

The Watergate Steps have multiple purposes — a great workout location, beautiful lights when the sun goes down, and an excellent view of the river no matter what time of the day it is. If you're looking to have an important conversation (read: tell them how you really feel), this is the place to do it.

6. Meridian Hill Park

Wandering around this beautiful space will put everyone at ease — perfect no matter where you are in your relationship! Take a deep breath of that fresh air as you enjoy the company you're with.

7. Make the night

8. Philips Collection 

9. Pretend you're in Paris at Le Diplomate 

10. Sail into the sunset on an Odyssey Cruise 

11. Treat yourself at Iron Gate Restaurant

Follow Swoon on Instagram.