7 Things Every Cat Parent Should Have To Make Life Purr-Fect

Essentials for grooming, play time, and keeping their bellies full.

212
Lexi Hammond

As a cat parent, you want your cats to live their best, happiest life. One day my cats will have a nice catio built onto our house for them to enjoy, but until then, I have to spoil them in less expensive ways.

Whenever I go to the pet aisle in any store, I get excited to find things my cats would like. I have bought a variety of different things for cats, but these products are things that you will always find at my house.

1. Catnip Mist

I have always bought SmartyKat Catnip Mist for my cats because it stimulates them and gets them really excited to play. The smell of the spray attracts them to toys and they love it.

2. Kitty Ear Wipes

These deodorizer wipes from Petkin keep my cats' ears super clean. These aloe-infused wipes remove dirt, odor and wax, and they are eco-friendly. I used to buy the ear swabs from the same company, but my cats definitely prefer the wipes, and it makes it so much easier to get their ears clean.

3. Dental Treats

Although these treats aren't recommended for kittens, my older cat loves them. They have a porous texture that cleans plaque off the teeth. Instead of giving these treats to my kitten, I clean her teeth with a q tip.

4. Catnip Bubbles

These bubbles from Meijer contain pure catnip oil, and the cats have so much fun with them. The bubbles stay intact when they land on the floor, which gets the cats excited to pop them. It has the same smell as the catnip mist, and they could play with these bubbles for hours.

5. Deodorizing Cat Wipes

These wipes by Pet All-Star are the closest I can get to giving my cats a bath. These wipes have a specific PH balance for cats, and they are infused with aloe, vitamin E, and organic oat extract. My cats love to curl up in plants and roll around in the dirt. One wipe down with these and they smell like Vanilla and Coconut, and they are fresh and clean.

6. Friskies Canned Wet Cat Food

My cats definitely recognize this can when they see it, and when they do, they demand it. Immediately. They really enjoy this food as is or baked into treats.

7. Tons of treats

I have all different kinds of treats for the cats around the house of all different textures and flavors, just because you never know when they're going to do something cute.