The 10 Best Places To Instagram In California

10 Best Spots In California For Your Instagram Aesthetic

Because if you didn't post about it on Instagram, did you really even go?

98
annelizaohara's instagram

I have just gotten back from two weeks on the west coast where we drove from San Francisco, down the Sierra Nevadas to the Sequoias and back up to Seattle. We drove over 3,000 miles and saw a few pretty unique things along the way. If you are planning on going anywhere in Northern California, try and hit a few of these stops to make your Instagram feed the coolest of them all.

1. In-N-Out Burger

Chowing down on my first of four burgers on this trip.

annelizaohara's instagram

If you are in California, you have to go to In-N-Out. There are locations everywhere, the food is reasonably priced, and I have seen so many other people from friends to celebrities pose in their iconic palm tree-adorned restaurants. Also, get acquainted with the secret menu, because their black and white shakes are magical.

2. Lombard Street

The houses are really pretty too!

annelizaohara's instagram

Lombard Street, located in San Francisco, is dubbed "The Crookedest Street In The World" and is full of beautiful multi-million dollar homes with gorgeous flowers. This is not only fun to pose on but ride down. I recommend giving the most experienced driver the keys because when they say crooked, they aren't lying.

3. The Golden Gate Bridge

Just chillin with my favorite bridge.

annelizaohara's instagram

Another San Franciscan staple, you have to go to the Golden Gate Bridge! There are many parks surrounding the bridge that will give you some beautiful pictures. If you go to a few of them like I did, you will even get different angles of the bridge making for unique photos.

4. Pier 39

One solo pup.

annelizaohara's instagram

Pier 39 is a shameless cash grabbing tourist spot and I loved every second of it. Yes, a lot of things to do there were on the overpriced side, but you will find some good restaurants and their famous piers where sea lions come to lay out every year. They normally come in winter, but a few stay all year long for you to look at.

5. The "Full House" House

~Everywhere you look, everywhere you look.~

annelizaohara's instagram

Full disclosure, I did have to look up the exact location on Trip Adviser because I always thought it was one of the Painted Ladies because that's what's in the title credits. Well, it's like four blocks away from the Ladies so use your GPS to find it. Also, this is a neighborhood and someone's ACTUAL house so don't be a doofus. All that being said, this was one of my most popular photos from the whole trip!

6. The Sequoia National Park

Tall man is tall. I am not in comparison.

annelizaohara's instagram

Much like California's Redwood Parks, The Sequoia National Park is home to some really, REALLY big trees. But Sequoia Park doesn't just have trees. There are massive canyons and valleys from the Sierra Nevada mountains, rushing rapids, massive boulders, and trees that have become attractions like the auto log where people would drive on top of a downed sequoia (now you can only walk on it but still, so worth it) or tunnel log, which people now drive through. Lots of photo ops and lots of memories.

7. Lake Tahoe

Tahoe Love.

annelizaohara's instagram

Lake Tahoe was not a planned stop, but I am so glad we did. The lake itself is crystal clear, something I, an avid East Coast murky lake gal like myself, had not seen outside of visiting a tropical island. Also, there are many beaches, but my favorite was the rock beach full of smooth, colorful rocks that you could see when you walked in the water. Plus, the Olympics were held there once, so you can check out the old villages while you're there.

8. Humboldt Redwoods Park

Feeling small!

annelizaohara's instagram

If you go to California, you have to see the redwoods. These trees are so big that you will feel like an ant. Try getting a picture next to a big one or even give one a hug to compare sizes!

9. The Paul Bunyan Statue

Also feeling small!

annelizaohara's instagram

Speaking of feeling small, these insane statues are located at Tree of Mystery in the Redwood forest. While Tree of Mystery is kind of like a giant tourist trap, the giant statues outside are pretty funny. Also, side note to point out, Babe the bull has correct anatomy....yeah...it's weird.

10. Patrick's Point

Big rocks, big waves.

annelizaohara's instagram

Patrick's Point is a beautiful park that has giant rocks you can climb on. The waves are massive and the water is beautiful. There are lots of climbing points for you to grab a picture at. Plus, take a look around, there are wild succulents growing everywhere!

California is a beautiful massive state with tons of places to take amazing pictures at. Any of these fun spots will make for the perfect 'gram to show off your cool trip to your friends!