8 Self-Improvement Books Worth Reading

Reading self-improvement books are a valuable way to spend your free time and grow as an individual. These are some books actually worth the time and effort to read, without the dry content, eye-rolling cheesiness, and irrelevant advice. Pull up a seat, brew some coffee, and open to the first page of your journey to becoming a better version of YOU.

1. The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People

In this book, Stephen R. Covey establishes and explains 7 habits you should adopt today to make instrumental changes in your own life. His approach has become well-known throughout the world due to the immense popularity of this book. Over 15 million people have explored his advice—maybe you will be the next one!

2. You are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life

Jen Sincero delivers an entertaining and highly relatable approach to defeating self-sabotaging beliefs that prevent you from creating a life you want. Over the course of 27 chapters, this book gives you the ultimate power to become the best version of yourself and cultivate happiness. Who doesn't want to live life as a total badass?

3. How to Win Friends and Influence People

This book, originally published in 1936, has been one of the best-selling books in history. The author, Dale Carnegie, teaches the reader 6 ways to make people like you, ways to influence people with your way of thinking, 9 ways to positively change people without causing resentment, and more incredibly useful skills.

4. 13 Things Mentally Strong People Don't Do

Amy Mortin gives us the tools we need to strengthen mental health, clarify self-identity, and enhance the ability to overcome difficult times. She believes that strengthening your mind will lead to an improved attitude, outlook on life, and overall performance.

5. The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck

Mark Manson provides a blunt, unsugar coated approach to self-improvement. His philosophy centers on the idea of accepting ourself: negative aspects, achievements, fears, painful truths, interests, and everything that constitutes as your identity. He believes that it is unrealistic to be in a positive mindset 24/7 and that people should be focused on the things that are truly worth giving a f*ck about.

6. The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

Brene Brown crafts a perfect narrative that will make you feel comfortable embracing an imperfect and fully authentic life. Brown encourages practices of self-love, self-acceptance, and forgiveness. Go ahead… light some candles, put on a face mask, and relax.

7. Make Your Bed: Little Things That Can Change Your Life…And Maybe the World

This book is based upon a Navy Seal's empowering graduation speech at the University of Texas at Austin. Admiral McRaven's book explains ten principles that have aided him in overcoming the toughest times in his life, as wells as improving himself and his impact on the world. Dedicate 19 minutes of your time to listening to Admiral McRaven's commencement speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxBQLFLei70

8. Unfu*ck Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life

Gary John Bishop leads you through steps to fix your life and start creating a life that you desire. No more being weighed down by the past turmoil and false beliefs that have limited your potential. He provides seven powerful affirmations to help fuel your journey. Start believing in your greatness and others will too!