A Letter to My Best Friend's Husband

A Letter to My Best Friend's Husband

Because there's no one better to act as interim best friend until I can be there again.

3413
Tumblr

Watching your best friend get married is always a hard thing no matter what age, but when you're fresh out of high school, or a few years into college, it makes it even harder. You change your life by leaving home, by being separated from your best friends, and having to start a new life. Having that extra separation between your friends that is marriage, can make the change even more difficult. The thing that makes it easier is knowing that your best friend is in good hands. The man that they married is a special person that you know can take care of the person you've leaned on for so many years.

For my best friend's husband:

Thank you for loving my best friend. In my eyes, she is one of the most special people on this planet. I love her so much and I know that you love her too. It gives me a strong piece of mind to know that there's someone out there who will love her as much as I do--even though I will always uphold the fact that I love her more, or I loved her first.

Thank you for taking care of her. I cherish my best friend so much. I'm so glad she has someone like you to take care of her when I can't. Having hundreds and even thousands of miles between us makes it difficult to have our much needed girl days when we've been under stress. I'm so grateful that she has you to facilitate that same sort of feeling when she's stressed or not feeling well. I'm so glad that you're the regent care taker of my best friend.

Thank you for keeping me in the loop. When my best friend is having a bad day, the text I get from you--the heads up that I should give her a call--you will never understand how much that means to me. In my eyes, it means that you understand the relationship between best friends and acknowledge the fact that sometimes your wife simply needs her bestie. It also means a lot that you're willing to reach out to me and let me know when I need to give her a call in case she hasn't already told me she's having a rough day.

Thank you for being my friend. It's one thing to be amiable towards each other when there's a reunion of friends and you're along for the ride, but you went above and beyond. You worked to be my friend. You wanted to get to know me because you valued me as a person. You are not only my best friend's husband, you are my friend as well. And while I may have been bitter for a while due to the fact that you were taking my best friend away from me, knowing that she is with someone who I trust and who I can call my friend as well gives me so much peace.

So thank you. Thank you for marrying my best friend and making her so happy. It makes me happy to know that she is in love, that she is with a person who will always take care of her, and that she has another best friend who will always be with her even when I can't be. Thank you for seeing my best friend as the most amazing person in the world, just like I do. Thank you for being my friend and being a stand up guy. I really couldn't ask for my best friend to marry anyone better. You're top notch.