To My Best Friend Who Lives Far Away

To My Best Friend Who Lives Far Away

Just some things I want you to know

1328
To My Best Friend Who Lives Far Away
Gabriella Hart

To my best friend who lives far away

I know, you have probably seen a ton of far-away-best-friend articles. But you know what? It really does suck having your best friend be so far away. So until that no longer sucks (which it never will), you will be seeing these articles over and over (pretty much forever). A lot of us, especially college kids, have that one friend that lives miles and miles away and that you don’t get to see as much as wish you could. And then when you finally reunite with them everything falls back into place, you pick up right where you left, and you talk as if you’ve never lived a day apart from each other. So to that best friend who lives too far away for comfort, here are some things that I miss and just want you to know:

1) I miss our late night adventures

I mean, usually we didn’t even really have a destination, we would just drive with the windows down, blast music and sing our hearts out. Or even going out to Dunkin Donuts at 9pm or to McDonald’s at midnight. When we would just drive around and everything else was quiet except out music and our voices. I miss those amazing nights.2) I miss your blunt honesty

I have other friends who will tell me I look good when I ask, even when I can sense the initial hesitation before answering. But not you. If I look bad you to tell me I look bad and help me pick out something else. You tell me if my eyebrow hairs look weird, and then fix them for me. You tell me when I’m being annoying and when I need to get it together. I love you for your blunt honesty and know that I can always count on it. I miss that.3) I miss watching the same shows and movies over and over with you

I’m pretty sure we can quote Friends enough to fill whole days’ worth of conversation. And yet, every time we’re together we watch it. And Mamma Mia… yup we know every word to every song and every line so well one would’ve thought we were in the film ourselves.4) I miss laughing at stupid things with you

You know what I’m talking about? Those times when we’re together and one of does something stupid or finds something stupidly funny on social media and we just starting dying laughing. And not just a giggle either. I’m talkin full on stomach and abs hurting, barely breathing, gasping for air, crying tears laughing. Those are the best laughs.5) I miss your family (including the dog)

Let’s be real here, your family is my family and visa versa. When I visit it's like I live there. So when I don’t get to see you for a while, I don’t get to see my second fam either. I also really miss the dog too.6) I love planning our future trips

Whether we’re actually booking the flights, or just fantasizing about it, I love planning them. I love talking about all of the cool places we’re going to go and travel to, it makes me so excited for the future and getting to see you again.7) I am always looking forward to when I’ll get to see you again…

Which is pretty much always. Being apart for so long is horrible and the only time I get to see you is through snapchat or facetime. I mean yeah, it’s great to have pictures of us on the wall, but sometimes it only makes me miss you more. There’s almost always a countdown going on to when I’ll get to see you next.8) But leaving you every time is the hardest thing

I’m always grateful for getting to see you and spend the time I got with you, but damn it sucks leaving you. Some would think it gets easier each time but it really doesn’t. Knowing that I won’t get to see you for a while is bad, but not know when I’ll get to see you again is even worse.9) I’m always here for you, even if we live far apart

No amount of distance can change the fact that you are my best friend. And I know it sucks that we don’t get to see each other that often, but it makes the times we do get to see each other even better. You can always call, text, Facetime, snapchat, Facebook message, or even freaking carrier pigeon me and I will respond. You’re my best friend and I will always be here for you.