Yes, Breakups Suck, But Best Friend Breakups Hurt SO More

Just trust me on this...

85
Mitch Paige

Have you ever had a group of friends that you look at and you think, they're going to make it, they are going to be the ones who are bridesmaids in each other's weddings and the crazy aunties to each-others kids.

Well, that was my friend group…

Yes, breakups with a significant other suck, but have you ever gone through a breakup with your best friends? If so, then you know that shit hurts more than losing an s/o, because you are losing the person or the people that some of your favorite memories are with. I know people grow up and schedules change, life gets busy. I know this, but this doesn't feel like growing apart. It feels as painful as a breakup.

Some don't get a text back and some won't talk to you, period… It hurts.

I recently found myself in the car driving on the highway and breaking down in hysterics crying because "True Friend" by Hannah Montana started playing and that is one song we would belt out to no end.

(Yes, we would jam out to Hannah Montana because she was the idol of our childhood - you're not cool if you don't think her music is a bop.)

It hit me with that, I feel as if I have actually lost my best friends. No longer do I have the girls I could call or go down the hall and go for a midnight drive to get milkshakes with, no longer do I have the girls who would go on last-minute adventures with… But what hurts the most is when you want to tell them the news about your promotion or the new and exciting project you got asked to work on, or when it's just been a hell of a day and you just want to go out and get drinks with your girls and you can't because you know you won't get a response in the group chat…

You try your hardest not to give up but there is only so much you can do without giving up. You can reach out and check in with them as much as you want, but after a while, there comes a point where you just need to give up… It hurts.

All I can say is that, no matter what, I will love you ladies like sisters always. I hope you all get everything you ever wanted in life and even though we don't talk anymore I hope you all know I will always be here for you.