11 Best Date Ideas For Asheville, North Carolina

Asheville, North Carolina is known as one of the most romantic cities in the United States. Surrounded by the Blue Ridge Mountains, waterfalls, and dense forests, Asheville is a city full of breweries, restaurants, and attractions. Plus, the city is known to be one of the most liberal-leaning in the state and many establishments are very welcoming to all couples.

Whether you are visiting from out of state, another city, or already live there, you'll find so many wonderful things to do with your favorite person. Here are some of my favorite spots in AVL for a date.

1. Catch a concert at The Orange Peel or The Mothlight.

View this post on Instagram

What was your first concert at @the_orange_peel? 🍊

A post shared by The Orange Peel (@the_orange_peel) on

Asheville is a popular spot for concerts and upcoming artists. If you love music, going to a concert is an excellent way to spend the night with your significant other.

The Orange Peel - 101 Biltmore Ave

The Mothlight - 701 Haywood Rd

2. Indulge your chocolate craving at the French Broad Chocolate Lounge.

With a menu featuring fudgy brownies, liquid truffles, milkshakes, and chocolate creme brulee, you can't miss this place. It's a must-visit every time!

10 South Pack Square

3. Get lost in a maze of books and sip champagne at the Battery Park Book Exchange.

Battery Park Book Exchange is a book lover's paradise. Explore the winding staircases and bookshelves to find a new used book to read. Hang out at the bar and listen to live music. Even better, they're dog friendly so you'll be able to pet the cutest dogs.

1 Page Ave. #101

4. Stop and smell the flowers at the Asheville Botanical Gardens.

The Botanical Gardens of Asheville is a really lovely place and a quiet respite from the happy chaos of the city. It's set on 10-acres and features native plants and habitats. My personal favorite spot was the stream dotted with rocks that can be crossed.

151 W.T. Weaver Blvd

5. Take in the city and mountain views with your loved one at the Sky Bar.

At SkyBar, you can sip cocktails and watch the Appalachian sunset. The panoramic vistas stay in your heart long after your night on the town.

20 Battery Park Avenue

7. Take a haunted tour of the one of the oldest cities in the NC mountains.

The Appalachian mountains are the oldest in the country, and bear the residues of Native American spiritualism, the bloody Civil War, and some of history's most dynamic personalities.

8. Visit the largest home in the United States, the famed Biltmore Estate.

I'd certainly be remiss if I didn't mention the Biltmore Estate. You can explore the home and its grounds or visit the winery.

1 Lodge Street

10. Visit one of the many local breweries.

Asheville is a hot spot for beer. There are several popular breweries in the area. Do a tour or just pick your favorite! Read this guide to some of the best ones.

11. Camp under the stars with your loved one.

Of course, you can find many camping grounds around the city. At night, the sky is illuminated with stars.

12. Get in touch with your creative sides at the Asheville Art Museum.

Located in downtown, the art museum in Asheville has many interesting works on display and an open rooftop so you can catch the views.

2 South Pack Square

13. Release your inner child at the Retroarcade. 

Video games, pinball machines, billiards, skeeball, foosball, a bar, and retro music. It's a great spot for a chilly or rainy day.

800 Haywood Rd #100

Have some fun date ideas or spots for your own city?

Write your own piece on Odyssey to be featured on Swoon or email taylor.mead@theodysseyonline.com.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.