3 Couples Who Deserved A Happy Ending On The Vampire Diaries

3 Couples From 'The Vampire Diaries' Who Deserved A Happy Ending More Than Damon And Elena

Unfortunately, not every couple got their happy endings on "The Vampire Diaries."

2128
Bonnie and Enzo from The Vampire Diaries kissing

If you are just now tuning into "The Vampire Diaries," then beware of spoilers.

First, let's discuss the two people who ended up with their happy ending at the end of the show — Damon and Elena. I get that they didn't have the longest time together, and they had many hold-ups in their relationship, but they weren't the ones who deserved the only happy ending.

Delena had a toxic development, and when together, they did bad things for each other.

I understand they were in love, but they were too bad when they were together. For one, Elena forgave Damon for every bad thing, including killing her brother Jeremy with no questions asked. If not validated by Elena, Damon would go crazy and go into a killing rage. Toxic is an understatement when it comes to Delena. But, enough of that. On to the couples who should have been given their happy ending.

1. Bonnie and Enzo

Bonnie held the show together, and she was always there when anybody needed her no matter the cost to her life or to her family. She lost her grandma, the only one who could help her develop into a witch because she was helping out Stefan for Elena - even though she had a true hatred for vampires. She lost her mother to vampirism because everyone was trying to save Elena. It seems as though no one ever stops to ask Bonnie if she is OK. She deserved happiness more than anyone. And Enzo, well, he didn't start life off too well. He was tortured for years, and his only friend (Damon) left him to die. Enzo and Bonnie made each other happy, and they should have gotten their happy ending. Bonnie made Enzo a better man, and through his tough hardships, she changed him for the better. Out of anyone in the show, Bonnie deserved to get her happy ending because she always put her happiness and sanity aside for everyone else.

2. Caroline and Klaus

Although Klaus is a killing machine, Caroline made him a better man. She made him want to be better and to do better. Even when she denied him for Tyler, he didn't act out of anger. He waited until Caroline was ready for him and what he could give her. He didn't allow his love for her to consume him to the point that he would kill or threaten lives because she didn't want to be with him. He spoke the famous words "He's your first love, I intend to be your last, however long it takes." From this moment on, I knew Klaus and Caroline were meant to be together and should have been granted their happy ending. Caroline went through a lot in life, as well as Klaus. Klaus' parents were toxic and wanted him dead, and he was never truly loved for who he was. Caroline showed him a different side of life. A life where he was granted the love he should have received as a child. Caroline made him better, and because of her, he was the best father he could be and slowly became a better man.

3. Jo and Alaric

Jo and Alaric deserved to be together, and Jo deserved to live. She had done nothing wrong - she tried saving her little sister and she was an amazing doctor. She was a sweet witch who didn't deserve the death she got. Jo and Alaric were truly happy, and you could tell they brought life into one another. They brought two bundles of joy into the world, and Jo should have lived to see what she created. As for Alaric, every woman he ever loved passed away, and it is unbearable to see that unfold. Alaric should have been given the chance to live out his days with Jo. Instead, he continued to end up alone. Absolutely heartbreaking to watch.

As said before, out of all the people in the show, Bonnie deserved to be happy with whoever and whomever she chose to be with. She deserved more than what she got, and her friends should have fought harder for her happiness. Delena could have still been happy, but they shouldn't have been the only ones.

It was a selfish move to allow only Delena to be the happy ones.

Enzo deserved to still be with Bonnie. Caroline deserved to have the love that would have given her everything. Klaus deserved the love that he should have been given as a child. Alaric deserved to be with the woman he loved with all his might. And Jo deserved to live and love.

Follow Swoon on Instagram.