I have a major coffee addiction and if you're like me you need caffeine to function during the day. I enjoy coffee no matter what, but the specialty coffees are definitely a fun way to spice up the day.

Here is a list of what brews of coffee are better than the others.

1. Iced Coffee

www.maxpixel.net

Iced coffee is by far the best type of brew. First off, you do not have to wait for it to cool down and the flavor in the coffee itself is heightened due to the temperature. Iced coffee also allows people who like to chew ice a time to shine. Also, iced coffee is great to consume in any season.

2. Cappuccinos

cdn.pixabay.com

Cappuccinos offer all of the basics and nothing fancy, which makes it just good enough to be special and practical. The brew consists of about 1/3 espresso, 1/3 milk, and 1/3 foam. Additionally, most places will flavor the coffee to spice it up a little. Cappuccinos give you the exact boost you need in the morning with a little variety to make it special.

3. Mochas

upload.wikimedia.org

Mochas are a mix of 1/4 espresso, steamed milk, foam, and chocolate syrup. It is a little more than the basics for a specialty coffee, which makes it more fun. Mochas are definitely for people who have more of a sweet tooth but is still good either way.

4. Macchiatos

upload.wikimedia.org

Macchiatos are a double shot of espresso and steamed milk. The double shot gives an extra boost for the day and the steamed milk gives it some flavor and fun. Macchiatos are so good to get you going in the morning and can be flavored for some more variety.

5. Espresso

farm9.staticflickr.com

PLAIN AND SIMPLE. Just a boost of energy and that is it. This will get you going and keep you moving when you need it.

6. Americano

cdn.pixabay.com

The Americano is espresso diluted with hot water. Although this is good, it is not very special compared to the other brews. The flavor is unchanged since water is just added and can be drunk in higher amounts since it is diluted down.