Best Long Island Coffee Shops

11 Long Island Coffee Shops Guaranteed To Satisfy Even Your Craziest Caffeine Cravings

Long Islanders run on more than just Dunkin'.

1538
https://www.instagram.com/p/BYYWw70B3Sd/?taken-by=crazybeansrestaurant

If you're a native Long Islander, coffee is likely a staple in your daily routine. What's better than caffeine to get you through long commutes and an increasingly fast-paced work world?

And while there's no shortage of Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts on Long Island, it's nice to have options when it comes to your daily brew. Luckily, Long Island has some of the best coffee shops of all time. Whether you're grabbing a cup on the go or sitting down with a friend, you'll want to check these cafes out.

1. The Witches Brew - West Hempstead, New York

https://bridgeworkslongbeach.com/coffehouse-long-island/

If you're the type of person who counts the days until Halloween, you'll fall in love with The Witches Brew. And it its odd decor doesn't draw you in, its coffee certainly will. There are so many delicious options on the menu, you'll find yourself ordering multiple cups at a time.

And if you're staying for dessert? You may actually never leave.

2. The Cup Coffeehouse - Wantagh, New York

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/the-cup-coffee-house-1.2489902?image=2

The Cup Coffeehouse is a hip little hole in the wall, great for meeting friends or discovering local musicians. They often have live music, and they even have board games for those staying a while.

If you do sit down here, you need to try their pie. But if you're trying The Cup on the go, their lattes can be considered dessert anyway. It's really a win-win situation.

3. Bellmore Bean Cafe - Bellmore, New York

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/bellmore-bean-cafe-bellmore?select=kLz4bUQgDECJF24ljpaFHQ

While The Bellmore Bean is a great stop for takeaway orders, it makes an even better place to lounge in the evenings. The owners hold open mic nights on Mondays and Thursdays, and they book live music for the weekends.

On top of its long list of events, The Bellmore Bean also has a long selection of tea and latte flavors (including Butterbeer), alcoholic options, and delicious snacks to munch on.

4. Crazy Beans - Miller Place, New York

https://www.newsday.com/lifestyle/restaurants/feed-me/crazy-beans-comes-to-miller-place-1.4225804

Crazy Beans is more of a breakfast restaurant than a coffee shop, though they definitely do coffee to go. And really, you don't need anything but coffee from here. If you're a fan of sweet latte flavors, topped with syrups and whipped cream, you'll want to add this place to your list.

If Miller Place is a bit out of range for you, there's also a location in Stonybrook.

5. Sip This - Valley Stream, New York

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/towns/valley-stream-photos-1.3655130

Sip This in Valley Stream is more of your standard coffee shop, offering the usual options for java lovers on the go. They're all about the community there, though. If you make this a regular stop, you'll begin to know most of the lovely people working there.

Plus, they have waffles. Is there anything better than coffee and waffles?

6. Urban Brew - Mineola, New York

http://www.urbanbrewco.com/

Mineola's Urban Brew is smaller cafe, focused on ensuring its customers have the easiest mornings possible. And despite its size, its neat and calming environment makes for a great place to get work done.

7. Starving Artist Cafe and Gallery - Franklin Square, New York

https://www.mapquest.com/us/new-york/starving-artist-cafe-gallery-356915485

The Starving Artist Cafe is a recent addition to Franklin Square, and it's full of interesting art to explore while you drink your coffee or tea. It's best if you stop here when you have some time. On top of having plenty to look at, they also have a delicious food menu.

And let's be real. When you see this place, you're going to want to sit down and work on art of your own.

8. Flux Coffee - Farmingdale, New York

https://dailycoffeenews.com/2017/02/28/flux-coffee-flows-from-west-to-east-cold-to-hot-with-new-cafe/

Best known for their cold brew, Flux Coffee is the perfect place to stop on the way to school or work. In particular, espresso lovers will be attracted to this place. And who can blame them?

9. Babylon Bean - Babylon, New York

https://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/babylon-bean-coffee-house-babylon?select=LDbqLDN6Ukiv7UuAdITuKQ

The Babylon Bean prides itself on offering a relaxing and friendly environment, where people can sit down and use the free wifi to their heart's desire. Similar to The Bellmore Bean, they host open mic nights and live bands on a weekly basis. And they even seek out local artists, eager to share their work in their gallery.

Talk about a welcoming community.

10. BYGood Coffee - Oceanside, New York

ByGood Coffee specializes in specialty coffees, its owners wishing to spread awareness about these types of blends. Their brews taste delicious, and they have plenty of treats to grab on your morning commute.

As they point out on their website, ByGood Coffee is also incredibly close to the beach - so if you need a pick me up after a day in the sun, this is the place to stop.

Southdown Coffee - Huntington, New York

https://sprudge.com/southdown-coffee-a-long-island-cafe-with-hints-of-brooklyn-and-seattle-65325.html

Huntington is full of noteworthy independent businesses, and Southdown Coffee is one to add to your bucket list. Their primary concern is the quality of their coffee, and the taste proves their dedication to this mission.

They also have a breakfast and lunch menu for anyone looking to spend the day wandering Huntington. And trust me, there's plenty to do there.