Best 5 Chicken Nuggets
food

Top 5 Fast Food Restaurants to Get Chicken Nuggets

As a lover of all food (especially Chicken Nuggets), I've decided to put to the test which restaurant has the overall best Chicken Nuggets based on crispiness, consistency of the nuggets, and the availability of a free sauce.

553

During my research, I visited five restaurants, all of which can be considered fast food, and began my search for the best place to get Nuggets. After talking to some of my friends, I chose the top five restaurants that they thought had the best nuggets and narrowed them down from there. McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Chick-Fil-A, and Zaxby's were the top five that were chosen so I went out, bought the nuggets, and have my results. Disclaimer: I know Zaxby's doesn't serve Chicken Nuggets but due to the overwhelming response that "Zaxby's was the best," I had to include them.

5. McDonald's

upload.wikimedia.org

In Last Place, we have no other than the traditional Mickey D's Nugget. Based on the judgment for crispiness, consistency, and sauce, McDonald's fell short on two out of three. The Nuggets themselves were pretty crispy and cooked well. But, I ordered a 10 piece Chicken Nugget and got 11 Nuggets. Normally I would see this as a sign from God that I'm doing something right with my life but based on the rule consistency, I had to mark them down. Also, I got Honey Mustard instead of Barbeque Sauce so that drastically cut down their score as well.

4. Zaxby's (For Obvious Reasons)

c1.staticflickr.com

Now looking aside from the fact that ZAXBY'S DOES NOT SERVE CHICKEN NUGGETS, I ordered their Chicken Fingers and honestly, I'm never disappointed with Zaxby's. The crispiness of the Chicken Fingers was amazing and I did receive four strips of Chicken so they did pretty well compared to McDonald's. But, their only downfall was the sauce. Now, I completely understand, Zax Sauce is superior to all other sauces but, I had to buy an extra sauce for my Chicken Fingers. And, honey, we all know I'm on that broke college student life and I could have used that 50 cents to help pay for some pens or something more useful than sauce. Maybe if they sold Nuggets instead of Fingers, one free sauce would be enough. But they don't, so it isn't. #sorrynotsorry

3. Burger King

pngimg.com

When I visited Burger King, everything was pretty good. My 10 piece Chicken Nuggets were actually 10 pieces and they came out super quick compared to the rest of the competition. They gave me the right sauce and the traditional boot shape Nugget was pretty good. There's nothing really bad to say about Burger King's Nuggets except for the fact that they were just your average, run of the mill, Nuggets.

2. Wendy's

upload.wikimedia.org

Wendy's Nuggets are my personal favorite Nugget. The seasoning on these nuggets is one that just can't be ignored. But, for this competition, I had to take my obvious bias out of the picture and look at the Nuggets from an outsider's perspective. Now, the Nuggets were very crispy and consistent to their 10 pieces. The sauce was okay but I prefer the Nuggets plain at Wendy's. Overall, Wendy's did a fantastic job but the sauce could have a few improvements.

1. Chick-Fil-A

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfGmCiMlq3r/?taken-by=chickfila

The Fast Food Restaurant that has the BEST Chicken Nuggets is obviously Chick-Fil-A. Beyond the exceptional service that is offered there, the Nuggets themselves were beyond perfect. The crispiness was divine and the consistency of nuggets was on point. But what pushed Chick-Fil-A to the top spot was the unlimited amount of sauces you get for the nuggets. This fabulous employee handed me at least 4 of their Chick-Fil-A sauce, topped off with a "My Pleasure."