5 Resolutions I Hope To Accomplish In 2021

It's time to make meaningful New Year's resolutions.

8058
woman reading a book while sitting on black leather 3-seat couch

Even though 2020 was the year no one expected, no one can say that last year didn't bring changes. Many of the changes were jarring and difficult, but there were some changes that were for the better. 2020 allowed many people to realize how important it is to speak and spend time with loved ones, and how grateful we should all be to doctors and health care workers.

Personally, I learned that I am lucky to have a loving family and friends to help brighten my day. Going into this year, I hope to maintain the personal growth I experienced last year and learn more about how to become the best version of myself. Which is why I sought out to make resolutions that would lead to more personal growth instead of creating roadblocks.

Here are my five New Year's resolutions that I hope to accomplish this year.

1. Exercise

This resolution might be cliché, but instead of focusing on exercising to lose weight, I'm going to exercise to feel good and be more confident. I have always loved the endorphins I feel when exercising, but I tend to get busy with work and school without making exercising a priority in my daily life. Which is why, for 2021, I want to make exercising a habit in my daily life.

2.  Read more physical books 

I have previously written about the importance of reading and how quarantine helped me reignite my love for reading. I hope that in this coming year I can keep up with reading physical books, and read at least 15 books this year.

3. Check off things from my bucket list

I also wrote this past year about how quarantine made me come up with a bucket list for the first time ever in my life. Hopefully, as things start to go back to normal this year, I will be able to check things off my list.

4. Learn to not be overcome by stress

One of my flaws is that I get easily stressed and let it affect many parts of my life. This year, I want to make a conscious effort to not be as affected and to learn how to work through stress before it can take over my brain.

5. Take up a new hobby

I feel that as I get older it's important to keep learning and picking up new hobbies. Some hobbies I might pick up are drawing, running, dancing, or learning a new language.

From Your Site Articles