7 Benefits Of Self-Love

7 Benefits Of Self-Love

While self-love can be difficult to achieve, the benefits are astounding.

3974
7 Benefits Of Self-Love

Self-love is a topic that I struggle with, as I imagine many other people do. Recently I've discovered ways to accept who I am and what that entails. I am happy to say that the results were astounding, and I have a different view of myself, as well as an appreciation for who I am. There are so many positive changes that take place when self-love is practiced, but I would like to share my favorites.

1. Rejection is not as meaningful.

When you fully love and accept yourself, you recognize rejection (from friends, family, maybe a job or graduate school) as a redirection. You realize that you put forth an appropriate amount of effort, and if that did not appease the subject, then you weren't meant for it.

2. You embrace challenge.

You are no longer fearful of change and difficulties. You acknowledge their presence and move forward in conquering them. You have confidence in your abilities to achieve your dreams.

3. You become conscious of the things you spend your time on.

Your priorities may change to be in line with what's most important to you. Practicing self-love comes with identifying your values and the goals that are involved in honoring those values. This allows you to evaluate everything you spend your time doing. Change happens when you recognize that time is being spent on something that doesn't honor your values.

4. Others' opinions hold less value.

I won't claim that what people think about you, your life or what you do will suddenly becomes insignificant to you, but the value that you place on those opinions will decrease dramatically. You will be assured that you are spending your time on the most important things to you, and this will give you the confidence to ignore what other people may find important for you.

5. You will become less critical of others.

So far, the benefits have been described as pertaining to you, but what will this self-loving new you do for others? You will be less judgmental. This is because you've identified your values and you realize that your values and others' values are not equal. They aren't the same. Even if they are the same, you can't correctly determine what actions someone else is taking to honor the same value as you. You, in turn, will be much happier.

6. You'll be pleased with the results.

Part of loving yourself is doing what you want to do. This equation usually results in happiness, even if it isn't immediate. The gratification that you identify is yours alone. You'll be honoring what's important to you, and the outcome of that is yours to be responsible and accountable for.

7. You'll know who you want to be.

Who your parents want you to be or whatever career that they have chosen for you will no longer matter. While dealing with angry parents is your cross to bear, you'll know that your decisions are based on your values and goals. This will strengthen your conversations with your family about why you're doing what you do.

I hope this article motivates you to love yourself and follow the steps to achieving the utmost happiness while honoring who you are and who you want to be. This type of self-love is a beautiful thing that compels you to act! So, go out there and be who you are.