Being A St. Louis Blues Fan

Being A St. Louis Blues Fan

Let me warn you of a couple things.
61

It's the most wonderful and stressful time of the year. It's hockey season folks. Let me tell you there is only one word that describes what it is like to be a St. Louis Blues fan.

That one word is: STRESSFUL.

Between starting off games strong and letting teams come back to trailing one point behind and losing to teams they could have easily destroyed, being a member of this fan base isn't always the easiest thing to do.

How do you think I was on their opening night when they played the reigning Stanley Cup winners and beat them 5-4 in OT? I was a mess.

Do you think I was okay watching them lose to the Nashville Predators in the Stanley Cup Playoffs this past season? Absolutely not. The Preds just got lucky. They're just physical brutes anyway.

Do you think I got emotional when they took Ari on a trip to two different games last season and then Levi to a game this season? You bet. This team goes above and beyond in giving back to the community.

My favorite player is their starting goalie: Jake Allen. The man who has a large say in how the game goes with his saves. Between him and Carter Hutton, a number of saves made bring me relief but even as this season has progressed, I'm still stressed out by them. They also can make errors and mistakes but they are two of the best players in the game.

The Blues are such a good team and are continuing to progress. However, I will warn you that if you join this fan base, watching games might stress you out. Prepare to shout at your tv more than normal, invest in a large number of Blues logo items, and look forward to the winter months more than other people. Prepare to cheer like a madman when Vladimir Tarasenko scores at least one goal almost every single game, prepare for Alex Pietrangelo to inspire his teammates as the season progresses as their captain, and prepare for Mike Yeo to lead this team to another phenomenal season of the game we all get so excited to watch.

LGB. #AllTogetherNowSTL