Thank You For Being My Person

Thank You For Being My Person

When you find your person, you’ll just know. Thank you for being mine.
865

Two and a half months ago, I would've never thought that I would be where I am today and I want to thank you for it.

Being a freshman in college, it hadn't even crossed my mind that I could find a person, let alone my person. I figured that I would be so busy studying and trying to keep my heat afloat with projects and other commitments, that there was no way I would have time for a relationship. I couldn't have been more wrong. Even though we meet in an unlikely way, there was an immediate connection. This is to thank you for everything that you have done for me in the short while that we have known each other.

I don't think you even realize the positive effect that you've had in my life. Looking back, I can see the day everything changed and it was the night I first met you. Immediately I could feel the connection between us. I don't know if it was because you liked to talk just as much as I did or our shared love for horses. Every day since then, you've been proving to me that I made the right choice in keeping you around.

Without you standing behind me every step of the way, supporting me and pushing me to continue to get better I wouldn't be seeing the improvements that I'm beginning to see in myself. Every day I wake up with a smile on my face, all because of you. Looking back at pictures from the last 3 months, I can see an immediate difference from before I met you and after. There is genuine happiness in my smile. Not to say that I wasn't happy before because I was. I just hadn't experienced anything like this.

Thank you for teaching me to wholly and completely love myself.

I've always appreciated the confidence that I had, but I didn't realize what I was missing by not loving and appreciating every bit of me. It only took you a few weeks to show me what there was to love. I can't thank you enough.

You and I share the same values. Family, faith and everything in between. Finding someone who not only has similar values as yourself, but that cares about said values as much if not more than you is incredible.

We may have only met a few months ago, but with you, it feels like a long time. Thank you for being my rock, for teaching me to love me for me, sharing all of my values, and caring about them just as much as I do.